Customer Receivables Representative Job
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Perform activities ensuring accurate and timely posting of customer payments. Process payment exceptions associated with various payment alternatives including direct debits, electronic funds transfer, credit cards, on-line electronic payments, and pay stations. Communicate and support payment processing procedures and policies as central point of contact for third party payment service vendors and internal business areas. Accurately process all types of optional payment program applications.
- Accountable for the functional activities associated with customer receivables including payment posting, pending work queues, process tracking jobs, call center referrals, returned item processing, payment problem investigations, payment transfers and allocations, credit and collection interfaces, bank deposit preparation, quality assurance of payment information, and other miscellaneous account maintenance.
- Act as central point of contact for third party payment services and optional payment program vendor partnerships involving payment alternatives such as direct debits, electronic funds transfer, credit cards, on-line electronic payments, and pay stations. Provide review, analysis and resolution of unpostable and returned items and system performance and payment file transmission issues. Initiate action with internal and external sources for appropriate research and investigations. Make appropriate and accurate account adjustments and contacts. Maintain accurate issue resolution records.
- Set up customers on optional payment programs. Analyze, update and maintain customer accounts. Issue correspondence and/or contact customers to verify information when necessary.
- Provide quality assurance review of payment exceptions. Maintain accurate reports and tracking mechanisms. Prepare daily cash reports and perform required reconciliation procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent, post high school education desirable.
- Two or more years of experience working in a customer service, accounting, rates or related field.
- Experience using Microsoft Suite products (Word & Excel).
- Working knowledge of basic accounting and billing practices and procedures.
- Good oral and written communication skills. Must be self-motivated, flexible to work on many different tasks, and able to work in a team environment.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Roseville || MN - Roseville || United States (US) || Customer And Innovation || 43557:Customer Receivables || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $18.20 to $25.46 per hour
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 48041
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.