Cost Control Coordinator - Construction
PIC Group, Inc.
Title: Cost Control Coordinator - Construction
Position Type: Contract
Location: Delta, UT
Reports to: Project Controls Manager
PIC Group has a unique opportunity for an experienced Cost Control Coordinator - Construction for a state of the art, greenfield Hydrogen Storage Project located in Delta, UT. The Cost Control Coordinator - Construction reports to the Project Controls Manager for administration and compliance support on all construction contract issues. The Cost Control Coordinator - Construction will assist the Project Controls Manager with knowledge of construction contract requirements, contract change conditions, claims analysis, negotiations, change order cost estimates, and time impact analyses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administration and compliance support on all construction contract issues.
- Assist in evaluation and resolution of contract change claims, payment issues, and contract disputes.
- Process approved change orders and follow with Project Manager for compliance.
- Assist in the review and processing of contractor progress payments.
- Provide risk management review and administration as defined by Project Controls Manager.
- Responsible for maintaining an integrated project risk register.
- Analyzing any/all requirement documents, blueprints, and project plans to gain a thorough understanding of the proposed modification/change.
- Compare change order requests against existing supplier contracts to verify the scope of work is not covered by existing contract.
- Work with Project Controls Manager, Project Manager, and Construction Manager for the technical and commercial review of supplier documents and cost estimates.
- Negotiate contracts and change orders on behalf of the owner.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements.
- Prepare and provide reports on construction estimates and evaluation for budget submittals.
- Assist Project Controls Manager with supplier meeting contractual obligations per the contract.
- Develop and maintain relationships with company vendors and contractors.
- Manage bids from vendors and contractors.
- Present prepared estimates to management and other stakeholders.
- Compiling and recording actual costs.
- Knowledge of construction contract requirements, contract change conditions, claims analysis, negotiations, change order cost estimates, and time impact analyses.
- Expertise in Cost Control in a Construction Environment.
- Proficient in EAC Management and Reporting.
- Ability to coordinate with stakeholders and legal project personnel.
- Knowledge of construction work and terminology.
- Knowledge of large construction contractual agreements.
- Must be proficient in mathematics, statistics, and data analysis.
- Expertise with analytic tools, such as spreadsheets and database managers.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents.
- Proficient in the use of computers using Microsoft office programs, email, internet, ftp/file sharing websites, etc.
- Basic understanding of construction schedule updating practices and software such as Primavera, (P3 P6)
- Proficient in the use of standard office equipment and materials (printers, plotters, copy machines, fax machines, etc.
- Excellent communication, leadership teamwork, and presentation skills.
- Self-starter and detail oriented with strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Travel may be required to project offices in Salt Lake City and/or OEM equipment facilities as required.
- Regularly required to stand and walk.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Hearing protection may be recommended and/or required in some areas.
Education / Experience:
- 10+ years of Construction Management or Contract Administration experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field required.
- Experience using Primavera, P3 or P6 required.
- 3+ years of related experience in construction of power generation, oil & gas, chemical, mining, and/or industrial projects.
PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive wages and benefits. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.
About this Employer
PIC Group, Inc., established in 1988 and headquartered in Atlanta, GA, is a global provider of service solutions to the power generation industry. PIC Group’s comprehensive portfolio of services supports all aspects of power project development including installation, outage, commissioning and start-up, operations and maintenance, documentation and training, and project support. As of March 2008, PIC Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marubeni Corporation, a publicly listed company headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.