Corporate Giving Intern- MN or CO Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
- Support foundation grantmaking, including coordinating grant agreements, payment information and communications requests.
- Complete data entry, data clean up and metric reporting in the Foundation's online portal, CyberGrants.
- Support implementation of successful annual United Way workplace giving campaign includingdonor support, data entry, and input into the communication and fundraising strategies and tactics.
- Work with finance teams on audit and financial processes.
- Support open lines of communications with Corporate Giving and regional Foundation Representatives through meeting scheduling and minute taking during meetings.
- Support employee giving programs which include but are not limited to the United Way Campaign, Dollars for Doing, Matching Gifts, Volunteer Paid Time Off, sponsorships and In-Kind Donations; help create process documents and job aids for these.
- Assist in monitoring and responding to emails and voicemails that come in on shared inboxes and hotlines.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing a degree in:human resources, business administration, Corporate Social Responsibility, nonprofit management or similar.
- A Junior or higher as of Spring 2023.
- Recent graduates and seniors graduating May 2023 are not eligible.
- Successful candidates will have excellent attention to detail, be organized, and have good communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, is required.
- Able to workpart time (approx. 20 hours per week) during the school year and full time (40 hours per week) during the summer.
- Prior Volunteer or work experience in a professional office setting
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Human Resources & Employee Svc || 20420:Corporate Giving || Part-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $17.80 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays
Requisition Number: 49486
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.