Corporate Economic Development Analyst Job
Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Support economic development activities by providing research, analysis, data entry and other services that drive positive program results. Participate in developing prospect proposal presentations, facilitate customer business retention activities, and support certified site program activities. Develop, design and monitor reports to assure consistent, accurate and timely reporting of departmental key performance indicators. Track and analyze targeted industry and customer trends; develop reporting of these trends and ensure data integrity. Develop, maintain, and analyze databases to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of departmental performance.
- Plan, administer, and perform industry (customer) research and development of prospect proposals for the department. Ensures accurate, timely and meaningful analyses of performance data in order to provide business unit leadership with pertinent information for process improvements and strategic alignment.
- Design, develop, and analyze customer and industry trend performance reports to find areas of opportunities to enhance and/or increase customer services and new customer counts. Deliver timely and accurate information to leadership and teammates.
- Track, conduct outreach and complete data necessary for the department's certified site program or similar programs. Inclusive of communication with web development, external outreach, report design, and publishing.
- Input and manage project data in a timely and accurate fashion to ensure integrity and tracking of key performance indicators.
- Lead and coordinate special projects as assigned by leadership. Work in cross functional team capacity to analyze process improvements and make recommendations in policy enhancements through project management.
- Serve as a liaison with various technical areas and system owners to address system issues and improve performance.
- Bachelor's degree required in business or development related field.
- 3 years of business/development related experience.
- 2 years of experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems preferred.
- Experience in economic development program or activities preferred.
- Experience in utility customer services, account management, or program management preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required in developing presentations for various audiences.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint) and Adobe required.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Customer & Utility Innovation || 83000:Economic Development || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $60,000 to $85,333 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 53417
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.