Control Room Supervisor In-Training- 201572 Job
Job Grade: R
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Responsible for participating and completing Senior Reactor Operator training to obtain the skills required for ensuring safe operation of the plant by overseeing control room operations to comply with all licensing and regulatory requirements and company requirements for generation capacity; coordinating operations with other plant groups; and maintaining operations data and records.
- Learn and obtain the necessary skills to ensure the nuclear generating plant operates safely and remains in compliance with plant requirements and governmental regulations. Trainees learn to verify the nuclear plant is operated in accordance with technical specifications and licensing basis.
- Learn and obtain the necessary skills to effectively oversee activities of Control Room Operators and Auxiliary Operators and to investigate Operational problems and evaluate for plant impact. Trainee will also learn to effectively coordinator shift activities with plant work schedule.
- Learn and obtain the necessary skills needed to perform administrative functions related to plant operational requirements. Trainees learn to issue Maintenance work requests and to maintain current plant logging requirements.
- Must complete all training required as evidenced by successfully passing any and all required licensing exams.
- Must meet one of the following items per ACAD 10-01:Certified Instructor with greater than 4 years commercial nuclear experience
- BS degree or equivalent in engineering, engineering technology or related sciences; or has a professional engineer license; or a nontraditional degree with the following: 18 months of experience at a nuclear power generation facility; 27 months of experience at a non-nuclear power generation facility; 36 months of nuclear experience for a non-traditional degree; 1 year or more as an ACTIVE reactor operator at a BWR Westinghouse commercial power reactor; 1.5 years or more as an ACTIVE reactor operator at a comparable (BWR/PWR) facility or a non-comparable commercial power reactor facility; Military experience with two or more years in a position equivalent to reactor operator position at military reactor. (RO, EOOW, PPWO, EWS, or PWS).
- Ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access to the nuclear power plant. Ability to operate a computer terminal and use word processing and database software.
- Six (6) months at the facility for which the license is being sought to comply with ACAD 10-01. New hires will be required to complete the six (6) months at the facility for which the license is being sought prior to starting SRO Training.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Knowledgeable in reactor theory, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, title 10 code of Federal regulations as it applies to nuclear power operations and safety, ASME code section XI highly preferred.
- Experience in any of the following is preferred: Engineering degree or the equivalent experience as plant engineers or equivalent experience in a responsible positions as line managers or supervisors or as non-licensed operators at commercial nuclear plants or previous experience as a SRO or certified SRO instructor with training & evaluation of licensed operators at commercial nuclear plants.
Location(s): MN - Monticello
Organization: Nuclear Rollup
Department: 45529:FT MT Shift Operations
Non-Union jobs will be posted internally for a minimum of 5 business days, after 5 days the job may be unposted at any time.
Union jobs will be posted based on the union agreement.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $90,000 to $127,333 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO)
Recruiter: Nicole K Peterson
Hiring Manager: Nathan J Pieper
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.