Control Room Operations Associate
ISO New England
Training predominantly occurs at our Back-up Control Room in Windsor, CT and once fully qualified, the role is based in the Main Control Center in Holyoke, MA.
How you will make an impact
- Become a trained and certified NERC Reliability Coordinator and fully qualified ISO System Operator through completion of our intensive System Operator Initial Training program.
- Develop proficiency in the operation of advanced Energy Management Systems (EMS) and an in-depth knowledge of ISO-NE Operational Procedures and governing documents.
- Apply these newly developed skills to reliably and economically deliver electric power to the 15 million residents of New England.
- Bachelor's degree in a related Engineering discipline or an acceptable technical equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment with complex, sequential events and under strict time constraints.
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work rotating shifts and overtime as needed
Mission: Through collaboration and innovation, ISO New England plans the transmission system, administers the region's wholesale markets, and operates the power system to ensure reliable and competitively priced wholesale electricity.
Vision: To harness the power of competition and advanced technologies to reliably plan and operate the grid as the region transitions to clean energy.
Values: Expertise, Respect, Innovation, Dependability and Collaboration
What We Offer: Located in Holyoke, MA amid the picturesque Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, our employees get the best of both rural and urban living, enjoying day-to-day local community culture and conveniences with drivable access to big city amenities. Our competitive base salaries, performance-driven bonus incentive offering, as well as a variety of health, wellness, and professional development benefits underscore the value we place in our employees. Beyond our comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, we encourage continuous learning through our training and tuition reimbursement programs and support work-life balance with flex hours, hybrid work models for most roles, and paid vacation and holidays. Our benefits strive to fulfill the needs of our employees across life's stages, with paid parental time off, health and wellness programs, 401k with company match, and a retirement plan. For the convenience of our employees, we offer complimentary access to our onsite fitness center and a cafeteria with free coffee.
COVID-19 Policy: Employee safety and well-being is a priority at ISO New England. To safeguard our teams and the important work they do, ISO New England has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Equal Opportunity : We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. Applicants for employment are considered without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, status as a veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard.
Drug Free Environment: We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Social Networking Notice : ISO New England reserves the right to review the candidate's postings on any social networking site accessible in the public domain as part of the candidate assessment process.
- Pay Type Salary
About this Employer
Keeping the lights on in New England
We are the independent, not-for-profit corporation responsible for keeping electricity flowing across the six New England states and ensuring that the region has reliable, competitively priced wholesale electricity today and into the future.