Idaho National Laboratory
If so, we might have just the opportunity you're looking for!
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Mission Service Acquisitions group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as a Contracts Administrator.
Our team works an hybrid 9x80 schedule located at our Idaho Falls facility with every other Friday off!
- In accordance with applicable directives, federal regulations (eg. Federal Acquisition Regulations, Department of Energy Acquisition Regulations, DOE Policy Flash, etc.), guidance and approved purchasing system policies, assist in early acquisition planning and document preparation, acquisition strategy, vendor registration, and assist in contract administration to acquire goods and services required for the INL to accomplish its mission.
- Maintain detailed documentation in support of contracting activities.
- Acquire and maintain a proven understanding of relevant laws, regulations, policies, standards and procedures.
- Interpret this set of guidance and directives to specific issues or challenges.
- Collaborate with others and/or work within acquisition and cross-functional teams to address challenges, institute improvements and achieve the goals /objectives of the laboratory.
- Use computer systems or applications to access, create, edit, print, send, retrieve, or manipulate analytical data, files, or other information.
- Use established Integrated Safety Management Systems principles to insure work is conducted safely.
- Perform procurement actions including program planning (NCJ and SOW development), requirement development, vendor registration, contract administration activities, and closeout assistance.
- This requires the use of established concepts and techniques (including the evaluation of scope, risk, customer objectives, etc.) to assist in contract administration.
- Represent the Acquisition Management organization to program management on technical projects and in other customer service roles.
- With assistance from management or senior staff provide consultation on procurement related matters when on a project team or special assignment to a program.
- Represent the Acquisition Management directorate and the company in directorate and Business Management activities such as process improvements, problem resolution, system development and testing.
- Provide direction and assistance to requestor and/or Contract Specialist in development of requisitions and other procurement-related issues, particularly in appropriate utilization of automated systems.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 8 years experience in lieu of degree may be considered
- Must be able to work optimally with automated data processing systems, to communicate accurately with customers and subcontractors, and to accommodate multiple tasks concurrently.
- Salary Grade 170 ($54,192 - $86,760)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
Growing INL: An Overview of New Facilities and Capabilities
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation
We have an extremely competitive salary structure and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.