Construction Services Project Manager
Salt River Project
The primary role for this position is to act as SRP's liaison for federally funded projects that impact divisions across the enterprise including but not limited to SRP Irrigation, Transmission, and Distribution. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of design, construction, contracts and land issues. In addition, they will need strong organizational and writing skills as well as be comfortable in field and office settings.
- Act as a liaison between core team members and external stakeholders to accomplish large scale federal projects.
- Provides assistance and coordination for the Federal Project Coordination Team.
- Serve as a point of contract between SRP and external stakeholders to mitigate issues that may arise during the project.
- Develop trusted relationships with internal and external project stakeholders to solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives.
- Facilitates meetings with internal stakeholders.
- Facilitates project correspondence between SRP and external stakeholders related to agreements and overall project schedule.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks, and issues to executive leadership.
- Successfully track and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
10 years of project management experience and minimum 5 years of experience working with stakeholders within a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills; self-motivated and decisive with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
Requisition ID: 14626
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
Drug/Alcohol Policy Statement
In order to promote the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, SRP is committed to maintaining a drug/alcohol free work environment. Although marijuana may now be legal in Arizona, except as otherwise specified under Arizona law, SRP considers it to be an illegal drug for the purpose of our drug/alcohol policy because marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. Any candidate found to be impaired during the hiring process or who has the presence of an illegal drug or unauthorized substance in their system during the pre-employment drug/alcohol test may be disqualified from further consideration in the hiring process.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
About this Employer
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.