- Verify that construction packages are complete and ready to go out to bid or be worked by internal or external resources including; staging of material, necessary permits acquired and bluestake is completed and valid.
- Prepare Request for Pricing (RFP) documents included written scope of work and price sheets.
- Verify for correctness and approve contractor timesheets, and support invoicing payment processing.
- Inspect contractor construction methods and results, verify satisfactory completion in accordance with established Tucson Electric Power’s standards and specifications. and industry safety standards,
- Resolve Contractor work conflicts with input from Design Build and Engineering. Resolve conflicts with other parties that have an interest in the project such as general contractors, property owners and Tucson Electric Power Co. customers.
- Provide construction feasibility feedback to Design Build, and Engineering during project design and construction.
- Provide input to Resource Management Team, and Engineering Project Management group for the scheduling of Outside Services work backlog in order to set project priorities and meet required completion dates.
- Coordinate and schedule with the Transmission Desk and Operations Center for clearances and Hold-for-Orders as needed by internal and external resources.
- Track daily project status including written weekly reports for each project.
- Review and submit Contractor’s As-Built drawings to the Resource Management Team for project closure and records management.
- Maintain project records in the Work Management System including status of issues and providing communications of issues that may result in Change Order(s).
- Reports to Supervisor of Outside Services.
- This position may provide services to affiliates of the Company subject to the UNS Energy Code of Conduct and the related Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that the Company’s management principles, policies and programs are consistently practiced and continually support the Affirmative Action Plan.
- Assume fiduciary responsibility for operating the business and provide recommendations on cost improvement measures.
- Ensure that the Performance Management program is administered uniformly and effectively.
- Comply with and administer the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement when applicable.
- Administers personnel functions, including recruiting, review and approval of job descriptions and salary classifications, and selection and placement of personnel. Participates in hiring, termination, promoting, assignment and direction of staff. Ensure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal laws, regulations and standards, company policies, practices and ethical obligations to investigate, evaluate and recommend appropriate resolution to employee complaints.
- Promotes and participates in the professional development, personal growth and career planning of staff. Motivate, recognize and reward, coach, counsel, train; provide feedback to employees during performance reviews. Participates in Leadership Development programs.
- Addresses disciplinary and/or performance issues, according to company policy, and communicates effectively with employees regarding corrective action. Has input into the adjustment of grievances and administration of discipline.
- Plans day-to-day operations, estimates personnel needs and schedules and assigns work. Evaluate the structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.)
Construction Manager I
- Will have primary responsibility for small to medium projects as the Construction manager.
- May have several projects assigned at the same time.
- Will work with Outside Services Supervisor to coordinate the activities of their resources.
- Will resolve minor customer service issues and minor changes in scope of work.
- High School diploma or GED
- Requires B.S. in Engineering or related field, OR
- Two years of Construction Supervisor experience, OR
- Four years as a Journeyman Lineman/Electrician
- Self-starter and has developed good time management and communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of construction standards and practices.
- Good leadership skills and is comfortable leading meetings and coordinating with other work groups.
- Must be familiar with TEP Rules and Regulations, Service Requirement Specifications and construction practices, and with governmental agency procedures.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of electric facility requirements and practices, including an understanding of electrical drawings and plan and profile drawings.
- Ability to use basic computer software, including Outlook, Word, Excel, GIS and the ability to learn basic work management systems internal to TEP.
- Familiarity with electric distribution construction drawings, knowledge of cost estimating techniques, construction contracts, and rights of way preferred.
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work effectively with customers and all levels of Company personnel.
Construction Manager II
- Will have primary responsibility for medium to large projects as the Construction manager.
- May have several projects assigned at the same time.
- Will meet with other areas to coordinate the activities of their resources.
- Will resolve minor customer service issues and support resolution of major changes in scope of work.
- Requires four or more years professional experience as an Engineer, or Construction Supervisor, OR
- Ten years as a Journeyman Lineman/Electrician OR
- Two or more years of professional experience as a Construction Manager I.
- Ability to work independently and has a good understanding of project details.
- Strong knowledge of construction standards, construction practices and safety procedures.
- Demonstrates a track record of completing projects within constraints of time and budget.
- Effective leadership skills including strong verbal and written communication abilities.