PIC Group, Inc.
Title: Construction Manager
Position Type: Contract
Location: Dumfries, VA
Reports to: Project Manager
The Construction Manager position leads and manages the execution of all assigned projects actively in the field at this 600MW GE Combined Cycle Power Plant, located in Northeastern Virginia. The successful Construction Manager’s experience should include combined cycle power plants and equipment, including but not limited to turbines, generators, pumps, motors, control systems, electrical/instrumentation, operations, and other balance-of-plant systems. The Construction Manager must understand the scope of work (SOW) and ensure the supplier executes the work according to the SOW, and all applicable specifications and standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all projects are executed with safety and environmental compliance as the primary focus of all personnel supporting his/her projects.
- Maintain awareness of the status of activities within scheduled work windows and resolves conflicts as they arise. To accomplish this, the individual must maintain a physical presence on the job site(s) for at least 80% of the duration of the project(s).
- Responsible for performing site construction oversight inspections to monitor the field quality of work and materials provided by vendors and subcontractors.
- Inspects work quality and adherence to contract specifications to meet regulatory requirements, codes and company standards using visual observation, construction knowledge and application of skills.
- Ensure client is getting the products and services specified in the purchase order (PO), and to ensure the products and services will perform as required.
- Understand the scope of work (SOW) and ensure the Supplier executes the work according to the SOW, and all applicable specifications and standards.
- Provide quality inspection reports/status updates to management upon request or as needed.
- Provide feedback to contractors, engineers, safety personnel and general management concerning issues or concerns being encountered.
- Know and understand Supplemental Terms & Conditions, including a general knowledge of the Safety and Environmental Compliance standards therein, that are expected to be executed successfully by the Supplier.
- Working knowledge of power generation and pollution control equipment.
- General knowledge of construction and operational field work practices, equipment utilization and work component scheduling.
- Skilled in planning, organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work to meet construction deadlines.
- Demonstrated capability in handling multiple distinct projects at one time.
- Ability to work effectively with management and co-workers and to make effective decisions.
- Skilled in problem solving, attention to detail.
- Skilled in comparing construction specifications and material requirements to physical and material work products.
- Skilled in reading and interpreting manuals, technical instructions and drawings, with an ability to accurately prepare brief written reports.
- Demonstrates skill in planning, organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work to meet construction deadlines.
- Skilled in use of personal computer and Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Familiarity with OSHA scaffolding and industry safety practices required.
- Candidates must be able to qualify for work in the field including confined space, climbing stairs and ladders, wearing a respirator.
Education / Experience:
- Requires 7+ years of industry experience in the field of construction, engineering, and/or management with a minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience in construction management.
- 5-7+ years experience in the Construction of combined cycle power plant and equipment, including but not limited to turbines, generators, pumps, motors, control systems, electrical/instrumentation, operations, and other balance-of-plant systems.
- 7+ years Power Station experience is mandatory.
- 7+ years Electrical and controls experience is mandatory.
- OSHA 30 preferred.
PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive wages and benefits. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.
About this Employer
PIC Group, Inc., established in 1988 and headquartered in Atlanta, GA, is a global provider of service solutions to the power generation industry. PIC Group’s comprehensive portfolio of services supports all aspects of power project development including installation, outage, commissioning and start-up, operations and maintenance, documentation and training, and project support. As of March 2008, PIC Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marubeni Corporation, a publicly listed company headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.