Construction Administrative Assistant
PIC Group, Inc.
Title: Construction Administrative Assistant
Position Type: Contract
Location: Salt Lake, UT
Reports to: General Manager
PIC Group has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Construction Administrative Assistant supporting rebuild of copper smelting furnaces for a brownfield copper mining project in the Salt Lake, UT area which is one of the largest open-pit copper mines in the world for mining, smelting, and copper refining. The Construction Administrative Assistant is responsible for all office administration associated with the construction project. The Construction Administrative Assistant is responsible for maintaining files of project documentation, answering the telephone, typing, word processing, maintaining office equipment, and maintaining a professional office environment. The Construction Administrative Assistant reports directly to and supports the General Manager to develop and maintain proper jobsite office processes and paperwork.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer phone calls and take messages.
- Maintain all plant files.
- Draft, print, and edit plant correspondence as directed by the General Manager.
- Maintain and monitor inventory of office supplies and equipment.
- Control and maintain all office equipment including personal computers, phones, printer, copy machine, and fax machine.
- Control and monitor plant purchases, interfacing with accounting department as required.
- Compile and transmit weekly time sheets.
- Transmit routine correspondence and reports to the customer, using regular mail, express mail, and/or fax machine as appropriate.
- Perform other duties assigned by the General Manager.
- Ability to setup, run, and manage a jobsite construction office.
- Knowledge and expertise in computer and software use.
- Good communication, organization, and teamwork skills
- Ability use and monitor all types of jobsite office machines
- Ability to read and understand corporate programs, policies, procedures, and instructions specific to the project.
- Ability to work at a heavy industry construction project.
- Duties require sitting, walking, climbing stairs, lifting, and carrying up to 25 lbs.
Education / Experience:
- High school graduate or GED.
- Formal training and/or experience in bookkeeping and financial processes.
- Formal training and/or experience working with widely used software programs.
- Experience in working with basic office machines and computers.
About this Employer
PIC Group, Inc., established in 1988 and headquartered in Atlanta, GA, is a global provider of service solutions to the power generation industry. PIC Group’s comprehensive portfolio of services supports all aspects of power project development including installation, outage, commissioning and start-up, operations and maintenance, documentation and training, and project support. As of March 2008, PIC Group, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marubeni Corporation, a publicly listed company headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.