Communications Coordinator Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Contributes to achievement of corporate goals by assisting in implementation of communications plans and tactics for internal and external audiences. Works under supervision of communications managers and collaborates with staff, vendors and external organizations to achieve client objectives. Work products include sales collateral, PowerPoint presentations, bill inserts and web copy. Typical duties include copywriting, editing, proofreading, production coordination and research.
- Writes and proofreads copy for print, electronic and web communications.
- Provides research assistance on a variety of topics and issues, helps implement communications campaigns, develops or reviews presentations.
- Coordinates schedules, deliveries and production with outside vendors, such as printers, mail houses and postal and delivery services.
- Provides communications support for public and customer meetings, including event publicity and communications and coordination with clients, partners and participants. Understands and sponsors the Xcel Energy brand and ensures adherence to brand standards; demonstrates behaviors based upon corporate values.
Media and Public Relations focus:
In addition to broad support to the Strategic Communications department, candidate would be aligned to our Media and PR team. Responsibilities would include message development, preparation of the daily reports on Xcel Energy media mentions, other media-centric reporting and schedule coordination and more.
Jurisdictional and community communications focus:
In addition to broad support to the Strategic Communications department, candidate would be aligned to the Jurisdictional and community communications team. Responsibilities would include maintaining state or community level information sheets, support for customer-facing or community project collateral needs and more.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or related field OR combination of relevant experience and Education.
- 0-2 years of experience in marketing communications or similar environment that requires direct client contact.
- Demonstrated success in helping achieve client goals.
- Able to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Quick, on-target writing and familiarity with Associated Press style; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge and experience with print production, web communications and direct mail highly desirable.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; CO - Denver || United States (US) || Strategy Plng and Ext Affairs || 71225:Strategic Communications Corp || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $26.70 to $37.36 per hour
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 49362
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.