College Intern-Federal Affairs
Salt River Project
SRP, the nation's third-largest public power and water utility, is seeking a graduate student intern for its Federal Affairs Internship program at its Washington, D.C. office. TheWashington, D.C. office represents SRP at the federal level andadvocateson a wide array of issuesimportant to SRP and itscustomers and shareholders.
Internship Program Start and End Dates:
Start Date: September 2022
End Date: TBA
• Conduct open source research
• Monitor media stories
• Produce written summaries and reports
• Assist with event planning and support
• Assist with administrative support and other office duties
College level coursework (100+) from an accredited institution will be evaluated on an individual basis according to the skill/level to determine if applicable to the position by management.
Desired Qualifications & Skills:
• Preference for graduate student, undergraduate seniors will be considered
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above is a plus.
• Familiarity with MS Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Photoshop knowledge is a plus
• Interest in learning about energy, water, and environmental issues
• Highly motivated and results oriented with a desire to exceed expectations
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Attention to detail and quick learner
• Ability to work independently in office setting
- Flexible hours of between 16-32 hours per week
- This position is 100% in office at our D.C location
- Pay rate is $17.00 per hour for an undergraduate intern and $19.00 per hour for a graduate intern.
- Applicant must be enrolled and attending a minimum of six (6) college credits per semester (100 or higher level courses).
Requisition ID: 14527
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
Drug/Alcohol Policy Statement
In order to promote the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, SRP is committed to maintaining a drug/alcohol free work environment. Although marijuana may now be legal in Arizona, except as otherwise specified under Arizona law, SRP considers it to be an illegal drug for the purpose of our drug/alcohol policy because marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. Any candidate found to be impaired during the hiring process or who has the presence of an illegal drug or unauthorized substance in their system during the pre-employment drug/alcohol test may be disqualified from further consideration in the hiring process.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
About this Employer
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.