College Intern Cyber Security
Salt River Project
SRP's Cyber Security Strategic Defense department is looking for Cyber Security minded talent to support a wide range of disciplines within the Threat Management and Business Awareness teams. The cybersecurity internship is designed to provide exposure to a variety of cyber security tasks within the disciplines of Threat Management, Incident Response, Vulnerability Management, Data Loss Prevention, and Cyber Awareness.
• Respond to Cyber Security requests and help direct inquires to appropriate department or person
• Engage in problem-solving projects to streamline or enhance existing processes/procedures within the team and document them in the form of Knowledge Base articles
• Develop skills and learn procedures to effectively identify, detect, contain, eradicate, recover, and document cyber incidents in an enterprise environment to effectively defend against cyber threats.
• Learn about malware and cyber threat hunting, security analytic tool best practices, vulnerability scanning and reporting.
• Learn how to perform risk assessments against policies and standards to document risk and threats.
• Utilize a vast array of security tools and resources to locate cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
• Engage with technology owners to promote best practices in network and software security.
• Participate in the vulnerability management lifecycle, assisting with the assessment and reporting of vulnerabilities identified in the environment using the latest Vulnerability Management scanning and detection tools.
• Work with a team of people with a cyber security focus, provide regular executive level updates, and contribute to team success with ongoing tracking and implementation of projects.
• Participate in planning and executing a wide-range of awareness events, projects and efforts to promote best practices and good cyber-hygiene.
College level coursework (100+) from an accredited institution will be evaluated on an individual basis according to the skill/level to determine if applicable to the position by management.
• Strong understanding of Computer Operating systems, software, and hardware.
• Solid understanding and knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the Information Technology and Computer Science Field.
• Ability to communicate well with others and to perform work in a team environment.
• Demonstrate a growth mindset and exhibit a collaborative work style.
• Detail orientated, critical thinking, problem solving in a fast-paced technical setting.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office products, including Teams
Requisition ID: 14643
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
Drug/Alcohol Policy Statement
In order to promote the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, SRP is committed to maintaining a drug/alcohol free work environment. Although marijuana may now be legal in Arizona, except as otherwise specified under Arizona law, SRP considers it to be an illegal drug for the purpose of our drug/alcohol policy because marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. Any candidate found to be impaired during the hiring process or who has the presence of an illegal drug or unauthorized substance in their system during the pre-employment drug/alcohol test may be disqualified from further consideration in the hiring process.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
About this Employer
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.