Claims Coordinator Job
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Manage the claims billing process by investigating damage claims, gathering and maintaining various supporting documents, files and written reports to support the billing of damage to company owned facilities. Provide claims handling support and training to all business units to ensure complete claims are submitted. Utilize CIS, Passport and other software formats to maintain complaint/claim activity and to prepare, edit and format memos, reports and correspondence.
- Work with contractors, third parties (local police and/or fire depts.) and Company employees to obtain proper accident documentation when it exists.
- Respond to extensive public inquiries on Company or public claims.
- Assist in development and maintenance of information systems and databases.
- Negotiate payment options and billing terms with contractors or customers for claim payments.
- Manage and coordinate the entire billing process; including entry of claim, invoice billing, customer contact and final payment negotiation. Use Passport system for claim entry and use to guide work orders to claim status. Must be properly and timely entered, for payment.
- High school diploma.
- Post high school education with emphasis on business-related skills and/or technical, electric or gas utility experience beneficial.
- Customer and Stakeholder Engagement
- Job and Business Expertise
- Operational Excellence
- Relationship Focused
Location(s): CO - Denver
Organization: General Counsel
Department: 80050:Claims Services South
Non-Union jobs will be posted internally for a minimum of 5 business days, after 5 days the job may be unposted at any time.
Union jobs will be posted based on the union agreement.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $19.80 to $27.66 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Spot On Bonus, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Recruiter: Lea M Felty
Hiring Manager: Matthew P Townsend
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.