CIP Program Manager
Georgia System Operations Corporation
Additionally, this position will support other cross-functional special projects within Power Technology. Provides input to the Power Technology budget and assists in managing and reviewing various Power Technology contracts.
- Plan activities including managing the CIP compliance calendar. Coordinate the completion of compliance activities across Power Technology especially including any mitigation plan milestones.
- Coordinate cross-functional and cross-company compliance activities to ensure a unified strategy for achieving compliance with NERC CIP requirements. Organize, conduct meetings, and or provide periodic status reporting for key stakeholder and executive committees that provide program oversight.
- Maintain awareness of and advise others of NERC, SERC, NATF, and GSOC compliance monitoring and enforcement practices. Serve as a focal point of contact and liaison with appropriate Family of Company members in determining the applicability and responsibility for overlapping standards relating to Critical Infrastructure Protection.
- Manage the compliance evidence and record collection, archiving, and retention/destruction processes.
- Direct and manage projects as assigned for purposes of audit preparation, self-certifications, self-reports, or other related projects as needed.
- Provide support and expertise to cross-functional Power Technology projects or other special projects as assigned.
- Provide input to the Power Technology budget. Assist in managing and reviewing Power Technology contracts.
Education : Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Science, Cyber Security, Law, or Similar. Master's Degree a plus.
Experience : Eleven years' experience with increasing responsibilities. Experience may include physical security, cyber security, network engineering/operations, information technology, SCADA/EMS infrastructure support, security auditing, CIP auditing, CIP compliance, CIP compliance enforcement, CIP standards. At least 3 years' experience must be in the electricity sub-sector. At least 3 years' experience must be directly related to Critical Infrastructure Protection. Must also have experience with technical writing.
Equivalent Experience : Twenty years of experience as described above with at least 10 in the electricity sub-sector and 10 directly related to Critical Infrastructure Protection.
Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations : CISSP, PE, CPP, PSP, CISM, CISA, GCIA, or GCIP a plus. Must obtain and maintain Bulk Electric System Cyber Authorized Status as defined in GSOC's CIP Cyber Security Policy 301 and NERC Reliability Standard CIP 004 - Personnel Risk Assessment.
Specialized Skills : Must possess excellent demonstrated technical writing, attention to detail, and organizational skills. Should also possess excellent verbal communication and time management skills as well as the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as necessitated by the work. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite is required. Previous experience using Microsoft SharePoint, Visio, and Adobe Acrobat is desirable. Must be able to pass a NERC CIP personnel risk assessment screening. Capable of preparing and delivering presentations to all levels of management industry groups.
About this Employer
Georgia System Operations Corporation is an independent, not-for-profit system operations company owned by our Members: 38 of Georgia’s distribution electric membership corporations (the Member Systems), Oglethorpe Power Corporation and Georgia Transmission Corporation. As the system operator, GSOC ensures reliable, independent system operations by controlling and monitoring electric generation, transmission and distribution assets owned by Oglethorpe Power Corporation, Georgia Transmission Corporation, Smarr EMC, the Member Systems and their power supply partners. The company enables its Members’ participation in the energy market in Georgia and the Southeast by providing a range of operations services that allow our Members to transact, optimize and account for their business in the wholesale energy market.