Chief Operating Officer, Net Zero
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Net Zero team is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in a career as our Net Zero Deputy Director and Chief Operating Officer.
Our team works a hybrid 9x80 schedule located at our Idaho Falls facilities with every other Friday off!
- Act as the main point of contact for internal collaborations with the Net Zero Initiative programs to develop, coordinate, and determine the strategic engagement of the Nuclear Industry and Regulatory programs in conjunction with the Net Zero Initiative Director.
- Work high visibility programs with high impact.
- Train and guide junior staff in the pursuit of achieving goals within a defined project and program structure.
- Use established business knowledge to collaborate and coordinate with the team to develop innovative solutions on significant and complex issues with many intangible elements.
- Initiate courses of action to help meet program goals and targets, and to ensure future programs are beneficial to INL. The position interacts with business partners across the nation and regional to expand and develop opportunities.
- Focus on the collaboration and development of groundbreaking technology and approaches to technology integration leading toward the development of carbon free energy generation, including driving the development and demonstration of advanced concepts.
- Master's degree in Science or Engineering with 15 years relevant technical experience and operation and demonstrated increase in leadership and management responsibilities over past 10 years.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects and programs to completion.
- Proven track record of motivating, communicating and driving changes in a large organization; establishing meaningful and high-impact goals and keeping an organization focused on attaining those goals, including through appropriate metrics; and a strong focus on collaboration with other senior leaders in an organization to develop and enact significant changes across organizational boundaries.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "Q" clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Salary Grade 250 ($156,216 - $265,548)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP: This is a testing designated position; you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of your employment.
Growing INL: An Overview of New Facilities and Capabilities
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation
We have an extremely competitive salary structure and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.