CHANGE MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT Job
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Sustainment Framework Position. With minimal direction from Change Management Manager, designs and implements change management approaches and plans in support of a diverse array of process, data, and systems projects and programs that affect one or more affiliated business areas. Assesses and manages affected stakeholder groups, defines and communicates anticipated organizational, process, and technology change impacts, designs and coordinates training, and measures changes receptiveness and adoption.
- Effective Communication and Engagement: Develops and executes against tactical, actionable communication and engagement plans aligned to one or more change initiatives. Defines communication and engagement tactics, events, vehicles, recipients, and owners. Works with project teams and leads, as well as business area leaders, to ensure that underlying communications and key messages drive awareness, understanding, and commitment to changes.
- Training Design and Deployment: Develops and maintains all training curriculums and courses within a defined scope area. Creates and refines training designs and course materials in alignment with enterprise training standards, vehicles, and guidelines. Coordinates deployment of training to new or existing business area stakeholders.
- Change Planning: Designs end-to-end change management plans for medium complexity projects and initiatives to drive adoption and implementation of process and technology changes across one or more business areas. Assesses and manages affected stakeholder groups, defines and communicates anticipated organizational, process, and technology change impacts, designs and coordinates training, and measures changes receptiveness and adoption.
- Stakeholder Management: Leads the identification, segmentation, and management of all stakeholder groups affected by a given process, data, technology, or reporting change program. Tracks stakeholder receptiveness to change, and defines mitigating actions where appropriate.
- Change Measurement: Regularly and consistently measures stakeholder receptiveness to changes, and adoption of changes across all organizational levels. Applies enterprise measurement tools and metrics within the project context and/or business area. Defines, socializes, and executes action plans based on assessment results.
- Change Governance: Applies a structured change management methodology and approach to all assigned change programs and initiatives. Drives consistency in change management plans and messaging through consistent adoption of new and existing communication, training, and measurement channels and vehicles.
- BA/BS degree in business, organization development, or related area, and/or related experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in process or systems implementations with a focus on organization change management.
- Knowledge of CM methodology, including project management integration.
- Strong organizational acumen, including knowledge of processes, metrics & tools to analyze organizational change issues and drive transformational solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, experience facilitating workshops and training.
- Ability to influence individuals in which they do not have direct authority.
- Experience working in a diverse, cross-functional team environment.
- Gas/Electric Utility Industry experience.
- Certifications in this area.
- Experience with Learning Management systems and training simulation applications.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; CO - Denver || United States (US) || Operations || 41260:Geospat/AssetData - PMO XS || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $66,000 to $94,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 49805
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.