LS Power is a power generation and transmission group with a proven track record of successful development activities, operations management and commercial execution. LS Power has been involved in the development, construction, or operations of over 42,000 MW of power generation and over 660 miles of high-voltage transmission lines throughout the United States. LS Power is actively developing both power generation and transmission infrastructure to serve the need for new generation and improve the aging transmission system. Highly regarded in the financial community, LS Power has raised over $45 billion in capital to support investments in energy infrastructure.
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION
LS Power is seeking a Supply Chain Manager to oversee procurement for multiple transmission utilities operating within the U.S. and to assist with the company’s transmission development business. The Supply Chain Manager will have overall responsibility of supply chain activities for the transmission utility businesses while ensuring Goods and Services are obtained from suppliers that meet engineered requirements and comply with necessary business and regulatory specifications. The Supply Chain Manager will negotiate with suppliers ensuring Goods and Services are procured with acceptable terms and conditions while pursuing value for the transmission business considering time, quality and cost. The Supply Chain Manager will have support from and collaborate with subject matter experts across the functional business groups including operations, maintenance, compliance, legal, and accounting. This position will report directly to operations management with exposure to all facets of the business enterprise.
- Manage external spend for the various business segments by establishing purchase requirements and contracts for approved departmental budgets and capital projects.
- Develop plans and strategies in collaboration with department managers for maintaining inventories, service contracts and licensing associated with critical production assets and spares including contract administration of recurring contracts.
- Oversee risk assessment processes associated with regulatory compliance standards for procurement activities.
- Enforce procurement policies to ensure ongoing NERC compliance obligations are met for in-scope assets.
- Creates, issues, and monitors purchase orders.
- Review purchase requests to confirm they satisfy all applicable regulatory and business requirements.
- Negotiate commercial terms with suppliers driving value for the business.
- Work with internal legal team to define supplier relationships satisfy business objectives.
- Manage sourcing specialists and support staff in the execution of strategic sourcing and/or major sourcing activities.
- Develop, implement and monitor opportunities for process improvement and value creating initiatives.
- Prepare status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Evaluate supplier performance and recommend long term relationship adjustments.
- Act as liaison between suppliers and business accounting to resolve issues impacting timely payments and receipt of services and goods.
- Review and analyze sourcing data, market trends, benchmarking best practices and maintain market awareness to provide continuous improvements for sourcing strategies.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Economics or related field (minimum of six years of related work experience may substitute for degree).
- A minimum of 5+ years of supply chain experience required.
- Experience preferred in the Electric Utility and/or Energy Industry.
- Extensive knowledge, understanding and experience in all elements of supply chain including strategic sourcing, purchasing, planning and forecasting, inventory management, logistics, warehousing, and supplier relationship management.
- Experience in complex contract development and negotiation.
- Strong analytical/financial skills and attention to detail.
- Pass a 7-year background check
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project
- Experience with Maximo preferred
- Effectively manage multiple assignments occasionally under time constraints
- Collaborate effectively with a diverse team
- Solutions focused team player
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Work independently with direction on a regular basis
- Ability to learn new software as necessary
- Occasional travel may be required
This position is available in our Austin, TX, Amarillo, TX, or St. Louis, MO offices or our future office in the Albany/Schenectady, NY area. LS Power offers highly competitive compensation and benefits packages and is committed to the career development of its employees.