Career Launch Supervisor - Technology Services Job
Location(s): MN - Minneapolis; CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
This position enables Xcel Energy to intentionally manage our talent pipeline of people in talent development programs such as intern programs and the Career Launch Program. In this position you will manage the Career Launch Analysts, support program execution specific to the organization, and support intern program execution in the Business Unit.
- Direct Manager: Responsible for the management of the Career Launch Analysts including 1:1s, performance and development conversations, time approval, recognition, and supporting resolution of job challenges. Represent the Career Launch analysts' direct reports in program execution decisions such as experience pairing process, career connects, program structure change discussions, share analyst feedback as appropriate to program leadership. Support recruiting and hiring processes.Program Execution: Coordinate, facilitate, and follow-up on analyst-facing program activities targeted to direct reports such as: book discussions, StrengthsFinder session, Degreed learning plans discussion series, Allyship in Action session, coaching for showcase preparation including feedback during showcase dry runs. Execute the organizations internship structure.
- Program Support: Support broader program efforts as assigned such as program analysis, feedback input, and program improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in business, communications, or related field.
- 3-5 years in people management roles such as human resources, change management, project management, training, and education, etc.
- Direct and/or indirect leadership responsibility is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of utility industry and in areas such as customer programs, product management, utilities, project management, process improvement, security.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Suite with demonstrated planning, analytical, workload management, and problem-solving skills.
- Oral and written communication skills are critical.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others and promote a team environment.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; CO - Denver || United States (US) || Technology Services || 0477T:Tech Service || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $90,000 to $127,333 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 53165
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.