Career Launch Analyst - Customer & Utility Innovation Job
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
This position joins teams across a variety of assigned Xcel Energy business units through four rotation assignments throughout a two-year rotational development Career Launch program. Join the Customer & Utility Innovation and/or Technology Services business area for rotations related to a variety of experiences depending on your career direction including (but not limited to) analytics, business processes, communications, engineering, power generation, project delivery, regulatory effectiveness, and sustainability. Drafts and coordinates the delivery of strategic and effective communications in alignment of business area activities and objectives. Provides analytical support for the business area in the development and delivery of impactful metrics and other analytics. Provides support such as coordinating or leading on a variety of key initiatives and special programs and participates on teams on behalf of the business area.
- Critical Thinking: Responsible for learning, designing, developing, executing, presenting, and knowledge transfer for projects and program assignments in areas of communications, marketing, technology, security, product development, and customer experience.
- Analytics/Metrics/Reporting: Utilizes business area systems and data to deliver impactful metrics and other analytics and/or automated solutions. Analyze data and prepares reports that illustrate progress of plans against business results. Responds to requests for ad hoc analysis by leveraging data and information to independently create requested metrics and reports. Manages to the established reporting deadlines.
- Project/Initiative Support: Assist in supporting project planning, including tracking of, and reporting of project deliverables, and documentation to support key initiatives. Provides technical expertise and analytical guidance. May participate on cross-functional teams or projects for business area or companywide initiatives.
- Communication: Prepares effective strategic communications around all business area activities. Determines which communication strategy or method will most successfully communicate different types of information based on corporate guidelines and geared to the intended audience. Partners with the team, business area leaders, and Corporate Communications to ensure successful communication strategy implementation.
- Collaboration: Working with strategic external partners, Business Units across Xcel Energy, and team members to develop solutions to effectively deliver on operational goals and manage our costs to budget and forecast. Utilize collaboration tools to communicate and status work items.
- Bachelor's degree in business, liberal arts, technology, engineering, or related field.
- 0-2 years related experience.
- Proven self-initiator with ability to self-manage.
- Demonstrates accountability for personal and team responsibilities and attention to detail, experience with customer and/or stakeholder engagement, comfortable in professional environments, drive for continuous improvement and strong relationship management skills.
- Has strong analytical and problem-solving skills, the ability to effectively use a variety of written and verbal communication methods and a strong background using the Microsoft Office suite.
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills and capable of working with diverse teams.
For more information on this position please click on the following Career Launch Program Brochure: here
- Customer and Stakeholder Engagement
- Job and Business Expertise
- Operational Excellence
- Relationship Focused
Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Organization: Customer & Utility Innovation
Department: 82000:COS & Enterprise PMO
Non-Union jobs will be posted internally for a minimum of 5 business days, after 5 days the job may be unposted at any time.
Union jobs will be posted based on the union agreement.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $50,000 to $71,333 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Recruiter: Elizabeth A Robinson
Hiring Manager: Anna C Tatro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.