Business Management Rotational Development Professional
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Performance Management & Development group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as a Business Management Rotational Development Professional.
Our team works an on-site 9x80 schedule located in Idaho Falls, Idaho at our EROB facility with every other Friday off!
- Selected candidates hired for this position will be part of an 18-24-month rotational program to sharpen technical and analytical skills supporting multiple divisions within the Business Management Directorate.
- The Business Management Directorate includes the following divisions:
- General Accounting
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Acquisitions and Contract Management
- Business Systems
- Project Management Office
- Continuous learning and development are provided in this program. You will gain a solid understanding of our customers, services, and strategies through a series of rotations across one or more of our business divisions. You'll do meaningful work identifying improvement opportunities, building a stronger customer experience, or enhancing our risk and controls framework.
- You will work on strategic projects using data analytics to measure operational effectiveness, process improvement, project management, change management, and/or evaluating business strategies while maintaining controls and following regulations.
- To ensure continuous development throughout the program, each participant is paired with a mentor, an executive sponsor, and many other business partners who are invested in the success of the individual.
- After successfully completing the full-time program, highly motivated individuals will have the opportunity to move into key positions within the directorate.
This person needs to have the following key skills: high technical proficiency, excellent social skills, excellent written communication, and analytical skills.
At a high level, this person is responsible for the following:
- Completing assigned work on time, within budget, and in accordance with expectations.
- Performing quality work.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Arriving at solutions independently by following defined policies and procedures.
- Professional Level 1: Bachelor's degree
Professional Level 2: Bachelor's degree and 2 years of relevant experience or master's degree and 1 year of relevant experience.
Prefer a degree in: Accounting, Finance, Business Management, Information Technology or a related disciple.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "L" / "Q" clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Preferred Requirements:
- Salary Grade: 180/200
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
Growing INL: An Overview of New Facilities and Capabilities
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID Safety Protocols
As a condition of employment, Idaho National Laboratory will inquire about COVID vaccination status and expects candidates to comply with all required COVID safety protocols, including mask-wearing as applicable.
Idaho National Laboratory has implemented a required vaccination policy effective immediately requiring that all new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless exempt under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other applicable state or federal law. In accordance with Idaho National Laboratory's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation
We have an extremely competitive salary structure and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.