Business Intern- MN & CO Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
- Supply Chain's technical enablement team is responsible for reporting, master data and enabling new/existing technology in the Supply Chain organization. As part of the technical enablement team, you will be on the leading edge of supply chain research and innovation. This position will be responsible for supporting reporting and analysis supporting all facets of supply chain utilizing economic and data visualization tools. You will be able to grow your expertise and serve as an internal expert that solves complex analytical challenges in a fast-paced environment with a pathway to full time employment opportunities post graduation.
- Example of a project description: Perform in-depth research and analysis related to supply chain processes, technology performance, and governance over system master data. Utilize insights gained from data and analysis to support development of supply chain strategies. Help develop automation opportunities in the reporting organization to allow reporting to be more user friendly. Through practical operations experience and mentoring, a successful candidate will gain significant professional confidence and people skills.
- Currently pursuing Supply Chain Management, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Business, or related technical/analytical degree
- Junior or higher
- Knowledge of quantitative and fundamental research methods
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholder groups
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Audit and Financial Services || 42745:SC Transformation Office || Part-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $17.80 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays
Requisition Number: 48751
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.