Business Analyst - Project Management Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Standard Operations Position. Responsible for supporting multiple, cross-functional projects varying in complexity, scope, and duration with respect to technical and logistical issues under the guidance of a project or program manager. Responsible for development of specific project deliverables. Supports project manager in; planning, managing, coordinating, implementing and delivering business-driven project solutions. Consults with Project Manager(s) and project team(s) on specific project deliverables. Responsible for developing solid working knowledge of project management processes and tools used by Xcel Energy to accurately support financial and status reporting needs of projects. Tracks schedule, cost, and/or work order data and provides reporting to a wide variety of stakeholders and decision-makers. Assists Project/Program Manager(s) in providing accurate forecasting of project expenditures.
- Project Management: Prepares and produces project management reports, timelines, and documentation as directed by project or program manager. Supports creation of viable work plan resulting in the on time completion of the projects within the program. Ensures the successful completion of assigned project deliverables & milestones through development, recommendation, and implementation phases in a critical/complex environment.
- Financial Management: Assists with management of project financials including budgeting, forecasting, actuals tracking. Participates in budget development and evaluating how project plan changes impact cost and schedule. Provides reporting to key stakeholder areas as requested. Completes audits for compliance and accuracy and ensures all necessary corrections are made.
- Project Planning: Supports the project planning effort, including specific planning deliverables. Assists with all aspects of a project. Provide ongoing project support through performance of project scope definition, cost/benefit analysis, development of schedules, vendor selection and contract negotiation, and project delivery. Follows and promotes existing PMO processes, policies and procedures.
- Scope and Risk Management: Assists in identification of risks and issues as well as creation of mitigation strategies. Participates in documentation and administration of processes for change orders/exception requests.
- Relationship Management: Establishes effective, collaborative working relationships with external entities and internal organizations to maximize project efficiency, responsiveness and resource allocation.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction, Business, Information Technology or related field preferred
- Three years' experience in operations, finance, technology, or related field
- Some formal project management or financial training preferred
- Ability to understand changes in business process and technology
- Knowledge of project planning, scheduling, reporting, and business need justification process and methodology
- Excellent communication (technical and non-technical) and critical thinking skills required
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and work within a diverse, cross-functional team environment
- Comprehensive understanding of company policies, procedures and financial obligations that would apply to projects
- Expert in standard server software applications such as e-mail, spreadsheet, word processing, database, as well as financial, work and asset management, and scheduling applications
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo; WI - Eau Claire || United States (US) || Strategy Plng and Ext Affairs || 56600:Portfolio Mngmnt & Performance || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $58,000 to $82,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 46177
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.