Billing Support Analyst - HomeSmart Job
Job Grade: O
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Works as a liaison between Billing personnel and other departments. Researches and resolves billing issues, and serves as a central point for the resolution of technical billing problems. This position ensures the quality of Billing Services by compiling and monitoring the billing processes and performance measurements. Leads efforts for billing process improvements & department efficiencies.
- Researches and evaluates all billing operations (billing, payment options, rate changes, rate refunds, etc) to enhance existing productivity.
- Performs critical analysis of performance results, identifies root causes of ongoing or emerging issues/ trends. Creates and tracks specialized reports requested to monitor billing trends.
- Researches and resolves customer account issues to assess whether they are business practice issues or system problems. Recommends system enhancements as needed and ensures the necessary training and communication of changes are available to billing personnel.
- Completes quality assurance billing reviews.
- Business related degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrates ability in using database & querying tools for analytical applications
- Ability to effectively communicate and work successfully across business units and professional disciplines
- Knowledge of Xcel Energy Computer Based systems
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must possess strong analytical skills
- Experience in working the utility billing system
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Roseville || CO - Lakewood; MN - Roseville || United States (US) || Customer & Utility Innovation || 45800:HomeSmart XES || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $60,000 to $85,333 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 53217
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.