AVP, Operating Company Finance Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Act as the principal financial leader for the operating company (OpCo) focused on the development and execution of short and long-term financial strategies. Analyze financials as compared to budget, forecast, and prior year to drive short and long-term results. Prepare presentations for and communicate results to Executive Management. Direct the development and implementation of short and long-term business plans related to regulatory cost recovery strategies to support jurisdictional and corporate objectives. Develop, direct execution, and measure effectiveness of cost recovery strategies through rate cases and other regulatory filings. Act as an expert witness for regulatory proceedings on financial topics. Partner with the OpCo President in developing and supporting the execution of the financial, operational, and regulatory plans. Develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to drive financial results.
- Act as the principal financial leader for the OpCo and accountable for OpCo financial results. Oversee development of financial plans for the OpCo, including forecasting and budget inputs to the corporate financial model and evaluation of key financial assumptions. Provide analysis of actual results to forecasted and budgeted O&M, capital, and other financial drivers. Partner with corporate finance, OpCo, and business area leadership to drive financial results.
- Recommend and implement financial plans and cost recovery strategies over the short and long-term to deliver financial results. Ensure strategies and plans are aligned with and support corporate short and long-term plans.
- Perform OpCo regulatory filing management on financial aspects including review of testimony, data request responses, and participation in settlement negotiations. Serve as a witness when appropriate. Ensure accuracy of financial filings.
- Develop and maintain relationships with senior executives and peers to ensure timely, effective information sharing and common best practices. Partnership with corporate finance leadership team will be critical. Develop relationships with key external stakeholders in partnership with the OpCo leadership.
- Manage team performance and development, continuous improvement, and communicate company and business area objectives. Coach team members on financial, business, and technical knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Economics, Finance, or related degree.
- Advanced business degree (MBA, CPA, CFA) desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 10 years utility experience with electric/gas accounting and finance experience.
- At least 5 years middle-management experience.
- Strong knowledge of regulation and ratemaking.
- Ability to critically review detailed work and ask challenging questions.
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and implementation of projects that cross organizations and professional disciplines.
- Support culture change and build business acumen.
- Knowledge/understanding of regulatory functions, leadership in regulatory strategy development, and understanding of regulatory requirements including their business and operational implications.
- Proven ability to reach results.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; CO - Denver; TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || CFO Organization || 70000:CFO Organization || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $180,000 to $232,400 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Pay - Long Term Incentive, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 49901
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.