AVP, Corporate Finance Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Act as the primary finance lead focused on development and execution of short and long-term financial strategies for Xcel Energy and its consolidated companies. Oversee financial analysis and internal reporting compared to budget, forecast, and prior year. Prepare presentations for and communicate results to Executive Management. Responsible for long-term corporate financial planning, O&M expense and capital analysis, standardized management reporting, and data policies for the CFO organization. Direct the development and implementation of business plans in partnership with the Operating Company (OpCo) Finance Leaders to achieve jurisdictional and corporate objectives. Advise Executive Management on risks and opportunities to the financial plans. Partner with OpCo Finance Leaders in the execution of OpCo financial and regulatory plans, and ultimately the corporation.
- Act as the principal financial lead for Xcel Energy and accountable for the consolidated financial plans and results. Oversee development of financial plans for the consolidated entity, including forecasting, budget inputs, and evaluation of financial assumptions. Provide analysis of actual results to forecasted and budgeted O&M, capital, and other financial drivers. Partner with the OpCos and business area leadership to drive financial results.
- Provide enterprise leadership with analysis of actual results to forecasted/budgeted financials. Lead the financial governance process at the Corporate Executive Review level. Develop technical knowledge of the budget processes for key components of the financial statements to ensure accurate analysis.
- Oversee long-range financial planning process and complex financial analyses. Develop recommendations and present results/alternatives to Senior Leadership on regulated strategies and corporate financial initiatives. Provide financial leadership and technical expertise for the CFO organization, business areas, and OpCos.
- Oversee development and support communication of the corporate O&M and Capital budgets, forecasts, and standards, including ownership of financial systems.
- Implement processes/tools to ensure financial master data is accurate for impactful internal financial reporting. Provide metrics to monitor/enforce accurate financial master data. Deliver reporting and data to support internal financial management.
- Manage team performance and development, continuous improvement, and communicate company/business area objectives. Coach team on financial, business, and technical knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Economics, Finance, or related degree.
- Advanced business degree (MBA, CPA, CFA) desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 10 years utility experience with electric/gas accounting and finance experience.
- At least 5 years middle-management experience.
- Strong knowledge of regulation and ratemaking.
- Ability to critically review detailed work and ask challenging questions.
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and implementation of projects that cross organizations and professional disciplines
- Support culture change and build business acumen.
- Knowledge/understanding of regulatory functions, leadership in regulatory strategy development, and understanding of regulatory requirements including their business and operational implications.
- Proven ability to reach results.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Minneapolis || MN - Minneapolis; CO - Denver || United States (US) || CFO Organization || 70000:CFO Organization || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $190,000 to $250,100 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Pay - Long Term Incentive, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 50021
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.