Associate Purchased Power Consultant / Purchased Power Consultant Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Under the general supervision of a higher level Purchased Power (PP) Consultant and/or PP leadership: coordinate, negotiate and manage purchased power agreements (PPA's) to minimize Company's costs and to optimize the power supply portfolio; Demonstrate basic purchased power contract management knowledge and skills; Provide assistance to higher classification PP Consultants in negotiation and administration of long-term PPA's and associated documents; utilize knowledge and experience to meet regulatory requirements in each jurisdiction associated with resource planning, regulatory reviews, rate cases and approval of PPA's and in the administration of PPA's.
- In accordance with applicable company practices and policies, negotiate PPA's, utilizing guidance and assistance from other PP Consultants, legal counsel, and other department personnel to ensure effective risk mitigation and balancing of risks. Negotiate contracts and contract changes commensurate with experience and demonstrated competence under the guidance of a higher-level PP Consultants or PP leadership.
- Administer and manage all aspects of PPA's. Ensure proper calculation/verification and distribution of billing and payments, security deposits, insurance, notifications, outage scheduling and maintenance periods, including various ancillary contractual documents and obligations.
- Analyze proposals and contracts and prepare summaries based on analysis, with attention to the financial and business risks of the proposed effort; participate in team meetings; prepare and analyze terms, conditions and assumptions. Review complex technical and pricing proposals and contracts for accuracy and consistency. Identify opportunities to develop and implement creative solutions to contract issues and disputes.
- Utilize and apply increasing knowledge level of contract negotiation and administration principles, practices and techniques. Research contract language and seek guidance on complex terms and conditions from higher level PP Consultants or PP leadership.
- Coordinate with other Company departments as applicable to ensure that appropriate Company reviews are conducted of new contracts, issues, disputes and other matters and that required applicable approval signatures are obtained before execution of contractual documents.
- Act as the primary Company point of contact for all contractual matters on assigned contracts. Draft, prepare, and execute certain internal and external correspondence on contractual matters.
Minimum Requirements forAssociate Purchased Power Consultant
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or Finance.
- Experience in energy industry including energy trading, trading analysis, economic dispatch/scheduling, transaction origination, working on detailed technical matters, working on legislative and/or regulatory issues, and negotiating and administering contracts preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational, team and communication skills required.
Minimum Requirements for Purchased Power Consultant
- Degree in engineering, finance, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in energy industry including significant experience working on detailed technical matters, working on legislative and/or regulatory issues, and negotiating and administering contracts.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Associate Purchased Power Consultant:$77,000 - $109,666 per year
- Purchased Power Consultant: $87,000 - $123,000 per year
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || CFO Organization || 25220:Purchased Power || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $77,000 to $123,000 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 50271
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.