Associate Planner Buyer Job
Hierarchy: Yes - We may hire at a higher level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Coordinate materials/services procurement and fulfillment activities. Develop and implement local procurement strategies to achieve cost, schedule, and quality goals. Achieve inventory management, scheduling coordination, supplier management, and process improvement objectives. Support Planning and Purchasing organization as required.
- REQUISITIONS: Analyze materials/services requisitions to determine if fulfillment exists or is needed from the Sourcing department. Process requisitions in ERP system in alignment with established procedures. Utilize master agreements and ensure material/service fulfillment aligns with category strategy. Receive mentorship and guidance from Planner Buyers and Sr Planner Buyers.
- BIDDING/AWARD PROCESS: Develop RFX bid packages for category buys and projects, with mentorship from Planner Buyers or Sr Planner Buyers. Assist with bid evaluation, analysis, and supplier selection. Identify spend/savings opportunities and assist with the development of Purchase Orders and contracts with approved suppliers in line with category strategy. Analyze and interpret statistical data.
- CONTRACTING: Partner with Planner Buyer/BU in PO/contract execution, creation, review, analysis, and supplier performance tracking. Represent company interests with suppliers/contractors during terms and conditions negotiations. Advise business in problem-solving. Resolve or escalate issues to Sr. Planner Buyer or Supervisor.
- BUSINESS PARTNER RELATIONSHIPS: Develop relationships with BU partners to ensure understanding of the business process. Ensure supply needs and field location questions are met. Facilitate communication between suppliers, BU partners, and Supply Chain staff. Collaborate with suppliers to mitigate construction risk for late materials. Manage logistics of job site deliveries. Basic understanding of use, form, fit, and function of materials. Train BU partners on Supply Chain processes as needed.
- SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIPS: Develop supplier relationships and provide timely responses to questions. Utilize reporting tools and analysis to support material delivery, disposition, and returns. Monitor supplier activities and collaborate with Planning & Purchasing to improve the supplier relationship. May contribute to formal supplier performance meetings and lead continuous improvement efforts.
- SOURCING STRATEGY: Ensure adherence to sourcing policies, procedures, and maintenance of documentation and records. Drive demand to existing master agreements when possible.
- MATERIAL/DELIVERY MANAGEMENT: Partner with logistics staff and ensure efficient use of inventory and critical direct ship items. Monitor status of material orders/service contracts and expedite deliveries to meet schedule commitments.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, technical/analytical field, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or equivalent preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Up to 10% travel; driver's license required.
- One year of Supply Chain related experience.
- Experience in plant or utility operations preferred.
- Basic contract knowledge, negotiation, and project management skills preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ERP systems.
- Experience with SAP and/or Ariba.
- Knowledge of creating purchase orders for service work and pre-commissioning & commissioning which includes, but is not limited to scope of work review, accurate identification of outline agreements for various tasks performed, pricing, contractor safety verification, and purchase order closures.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: TX - Amarillo || TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || Audit and Financial Services || 42830:Planning and Purchasing || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $50,000 to $71,333 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 48023
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.