Associate Energy Solutions Engineer I/II Job
Hierarchy: Yes - We may hire at a higher level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Summary Associate Energy Efficiency Engineer ($58K-$82,666)
Provide technical expertise in conservation programs to assist Xcel Energy customers to use energy more efficiently. Provide technical guidance and review directly to customers, sales staff, and marketing staff; examine potential applications and recommend solutions. Develop knowledge and expertise in specific technical areas and applying that expertise to maximize customer benefit from Xcel Energy conservation products.
- Provide technical assistance to the Xcel Energy Marketing and Sales organizations. Perform the day-to-day engineering in assigned technical areas. Construct analyses in the technical-financial models that meet the state regulatory and corporate guidelines.
- Develop rapid but rigorous analytical models based upon good engineering practice and the methodological direction of other Technical Consulting staff. Learn job responsibilities as well as rules / guidelines (both regulatory and internal) from Technical Consultants, Senior Technical Consultants, and Team Lead Technical Consultant for assigned programs.
- Develop and maintain Xcel Energy's technical knowledge in specific assigned area for gas or electric conservation programs (HVAC, lighting, compressed air, energy efficient building construction, motors, controls, industrial processing, boilers, furnaces, recommissioning). This position will be a resource in the assigned area.
- Leverage internal expertise to customer advantage by developing relationships with external networks of engineering and architectural firms, government agencies, industry associations and research firms. Acquire and develop knowledge in assigned areas by interacting and learning from these sources.
- Meet established turnaround time criteria for assigned projects to foster customer participation.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related Engineering degree from an ABET accredited curriculum (equivalency to an ABET accredited degree would be recognized by ABET as having "substantial equivalency" or through a "mutual recognized agreement").
- 1 year experience with energy conservation in one or more of the following: energy engineering consulting, HVAC, lighting, compressed air, energy efficient building construction, motors, controls, industrial processing, recommissioning, boilers, and furnaces.
- EIT Certification.
Associate II Energy Efficiency Engineer ($66K-$93,999) Minimum Requirements
-BSME, BSEE or related engineering degree from an ABET accredited curriculum required.
-3 years experience with energy conservation preferred in one or more of the following: energy engineering consulting, HVAC, lighting, compressed air, energy efficient building construction, motors, controls, industrial processing, recommissioning, boilers, and furnaces. -EIT Certification preferred.
- Customer and Stakeholder Engagement
- Job and Business Expertise
- Operational Excellence
- Relationship Focused
Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Organization: Customer And Innovation
Department: 51790:Cust Programs-Res Small Bus
Non-Union jobs will be posted internally for a minimum of 5 business days, after 5 days the job may be unposted at any time.
Union jobs will be posted based on the union agreement.
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $58,000 to $82,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Recruiter: Elizabeth A Robinson
Hiring Manager: Allison L McIntire
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.