Assistant Drill and Exercise Coordinator
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Emergency Management group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as an Assistant Drill and Exercise Coordinator.
Our team works an on-site 4x10 schedule located at our WCB facility with every Friday off!
- Provide coordination and assistance in implementation of the INL Emergency Management (EM) Drill/Exercise and process improvement (Labway) Program(s). Also, provide technical expertise/advice in assisting management to formulate strategies to identify hazards and safely mitigate INL facility and site-wide emergency incidents.
- Ensure INL EM Program products are maintained in compliance with federal regulations, DOE orders, and company procedures. Coordinate emergency preparedness, planning, and response elements with other organizational functions (Labway). Advise the EM Manager on technical emergency planning, preparedness, response and issue management processes.
- Conduct and report on self-assessment of EM Program elements, provide feedback for continuous improvement using established company lessons learned and issues management programs, and work corrective actions to full closure.
- Serve as a member of the INL Emergency Response Organization (ERO) and participate in training, drills and exercises, and respond to actual emergency events. Attend company-required training, as identified in the individual training plan.
- Function as a lead assessor regarding Emergency Management drill and exercise assessments while ensuring conformance with BEA, IEC, and Bechtel-Bettis emergency management and operations programs and direct regulatory requirements.
- Integrate and maintain emergency response planning data for decision support systems, computer aided dispatch (CAD) and Pro-QA structured call management systems.
- Develop drill and exercise scenarios, performance standards, and evaluation criteria for Fire Alarm, Emergency Dispatch, and Warning Communications Center functions. Actively participate in drill/exercise planning with BEA, IEC, and Bechtel-Bettis emergency management and operations programs. Perform controller/lead controller/evaluator functions for WCCFAEDC drills and exercises.
- Perform issues management coordination, Labway and lead assessor functions.
- PR0300: Baccalaureate plus 5 years relevant experience, or an Advanced Degree plus 3 years relevant experience is required.
- PR0400: Baccalaureate plus 8 years relevant experience, or an Advanced Degree plus 6 years relevant experience is required.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "L" clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Salary Grade: 200/210
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP-Testing designated position; you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of your employment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
Growing INL: An Overview of New Facilities and Capabilities
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID Safety Protocols
As a condition of employment, Idaho National Laboratory will inquire about COVID vaccination status and expects candidates to comply with all required COVID safety protocols, including mask-wearing as applicable.
Idaho National Laboratory has implemented a required vaccination policy effective immediately requiring that all new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless exempt under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other applicable state or federal law. In accordance with Idaho National Laboratory's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation
We have an extremely competitive salary structure and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.