Apprentice Electrical Shop Mechanic Job
Job Grade: A09
Hierarchy: Yes - We may hire at a higher level
Union Position: Bargaining
We anticipate the need for oneor moreApprentice ElectricalMechanic in the Electric Repair Center at the Maple Grove Service Center. This will be a four-year apprenticeship. The starting pay will be $26.98/hour. This position will be posted for ten working days internally from December 22nd, 2022 - January 4th 2023.
This position will repair and construct Pole top Transformers, Pad mount Transformers, breaker reclosers and voltage regulators as well as construct protective grounds. This position will also assist in the painting and scrapping of failed equipment.
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be reliable and safely perform the duties of the classification which may include lifting at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to intelligently and constructively communicate with Electric Repair Center Personnel, other co-workers and customers.
- Must be respirator qualified or must have the ability to obtain the respirator qualification.
- Highly developed mechanical ability and previous experience in electrical field desired.
- Will be required to perform duties, when necessary, from scaffoldings, catwalks or other lift equipment in high and confined areas.
- May be required to meet driver qualification requirements, including the possession of a valid commercial driver's license (CDL).
- May be required to work extended hours and to respond to off hour emergencies.
- May have the ability to be certified to operate a forklift and qualified to operate an overhead crane.
- Will be required to do computer entry and recordkeeping as needed.
- Will be required to provide hand tools and tool box.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Maple Grove || MN - Maple Grove || United States (US) || Operations || 03296:NSPM Substation Ops & Mtce || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $26.98 per hour
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits: Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO)
Requisition Number: 53055
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.