Applied Engineering Administrative Assistant
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Applied Engineering group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as an Applied Engineering Administrative Assistant! This team works a hybrid 9x80 schedule located at our Willow Creek facility with every other Friday off.
- Provides administrative support to the Division Director and department managers of Applied Engineering and Engineering Welding Services.
- Demonstrate professionalism, confidentiality, sound judgment, and appropriate protocol while performing job functions.
- Serve as a source for administrative/technical knowledge for questions, issues, etc.
- Use company knowledge and ingenuity to resolve complex problems within the area of administrative/technical activities.
- Monitor, organize, and balance administrative/technical work within the organizations.
- Work independently or on a team with minimal supervision to accomplish a variety of self-initiated or directed work activities.
- Routinely interface effectively with management, peers, co-workers, and customers across the laboratory.
- Interface professionally with external customers in support of organizational objectives.
- Arrange meetings and conference rooms. Assist and attend Division meetings as requested by Directors.
- Prepare presentations, hand-outs, and meeting notes.
- Receive and pass on phone messages in a professional manner.
- Maintain multiple calendars.
- Prepare, monitor, and coordinate travel and expense reports with accuracy.
- Schedule company and organization vehicles.
- Facilitate personnel moves, phone requests, and other maintenance and service requests.
- Act as Records Coordinator POC for Applied Engineering, Welding Services, and Engineering Support Services. Maintain files and filing systems in compliance with the Uniform File Code System.
- Assist in training and mentoring Department level administrative assistants.
- Initiate, submit, and follow through with DCR's and prepare revisions to documents and technical writing per requests.
- Provide Support Services to the INL Engineering Board, INL Engineering Promotion Committee, and the INL Electrical Safety Committee. Maintaining memberships, developing agendas, taking minutes, and maintaining newsletters and web pages.
- Process/reconcile engineering subcontract invoices monthly. Maintain the subcontracted work excel files and yearly subcontracting totals. Process Asset Suite contract change requests for engineering subcontracts.
- Assist Engineering personnel with remote computing issues and capabilities.
- Prioritize and schedules appointments/meetings. Maintain calendars for director, vehicles, and departments. Assemble background information needed for meetings, presentations, work projects, and reports in the most efficient and effective manner. Responsible for efficiently and effectively managing office operations, including telecommuting and telecommunications capabilities, procedures, and continuous process improvement. Instructs personnel in the use of software for and in preparation of documents and reports.
- Review incoming mail and email for the Division Director. Monitor status of critical items, assignments, and deadlines to ensure timely completion. Ensure accuracy, completeness (including approval signatures), and appropriateness of formal written material and proofread material.
- Communicate the Division Director's instructions/assignments to his staff, and their assistants. Assist with project activities, follow through and verify completion of projects in other departments.
- Act as procurement agent for various items including but not limited to office supplies, publications, software/hardware subcontracts, Welding and Seismic supplies and equipment, and service subcontract using either the Ariba system or government credit card.
- High School Education and 4 or more years of administrative related experience.
- Proficient use of standard office equipment.
- Proficient use of MS Office 360 Suite.
- Understand office support functions and possess the ability to effectively apply procedures, and direct and delegate workflow of others as appropriate.
- Able to use discretion and excellent judgment.
- Thoroughly understand INL, and the reporting requirements of the specific Division.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of telecommuting software and processes.
- Able to maintain Share Point sites.
- Minimum of High School Education and 9 or more years of progressively responsible administrative/related experience, or Vocational School and 7 or more years of progressively responsible administrative/related experience.
- Experience with Peoplesoft, Google, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint, Microsoft Office 360 products, and Microsoft Teams.
- Salary Grade 150 ($44,004 - $70,392)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.