ANALYST*GRID - ANL670 Job
Hierarchy: No - We can only hire at the posted level
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
The purpose of this role is to provide support for optimization of the real-time ADMS system used to operate the Electric Distribution grid. This role partners with the Distribution Control Centers, Geospatial, Grid Management, and Business Systems teams in performing model promotion/validation, testing/troubleshooting, SCADA device instantiation, and application configuration, enhancement, and sustainment activities. Primary job functions include monitoring and maintaining the ADMS impedance model, ADMS operational performance metrics, and ADMS integration with Distribution Automation field devices.
- Collaborate with Geospatial, Substation (Transmission), and other Departments within Xcel Energy on data management, data validation and data integrity. Resolve model promotion issues for the construction and maintenance of the impedance model in ADMS.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of ADMS in all Operating Companies.
- Provide ADMS device integration and technology support by working with field technicians and ADMS IT personnel to commission and resolve performance issues.
- Configure ADMS user interface including symbololgy menus and visibility control.
- Maintenance and configuration of specialized mapping products within ADMS.
- Monitor and maintain the ADMS model, for both substation and field grid accuracy.
- Provide reporting on remote device availability, ADMS grid performance, and grid situational awareness.
- Perform tag audits and additional model audits consistent with ADMS and operational best practices.
- 2 years GIS experience, GE Smallword preferred.
- 2 years Electric Distribution Operations or similar experience.
- Experience with Geospatial Integration.
- Experience with SCADA or other remotely controlled devices.
- Experience working in a cross-functional, matrix environment supporting multiple work streams.
- Experience with more than one Xcel Energy Jurisdiction.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills.
- Knowledge of or experience with Schneider Electric ADMS.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || Customer and Field Operations || 59380:Dist Electric Engineering || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $58,000 to $82,666 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 47296
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.