Analyst IT Systems Senior
Salt River Project
The Meter Technology and Payment Service team is looking for an IT Systems Analyst to be a part of a team of high-performing and fun-loving analysts. This team of analysts work together with clients, vendors, and other analyst groups to maintain highly available, critical metering applications and integrations. The supported applications communicate with meters at SRP customer's homes and businesses. They support both credit and prepay rates, and provide remote meter functionality and meter data to client applications for customer orders, billing, customer presentment, reporting and troubleshooting.
What We're Looking For
If you enjoy working on a team troubleshooting issues, creating innovative solutions, and learning something new daily, then you will be excited about the Meter Technology and Payment Services analyst position. As an analyst on this team, you will learn new metering technologies, work on network mysteries, build and run queries and reports, write and run test plans, analyze data, create and update documentation, work on Windows and Linux servers and collaborate on cross-departmental project teams to deliver innovative solutions and technologies. You will thrive/succeed in this role if you have strong communication skills and curiosity with the ability to critically think to solve problems.
What You'll Do:
- Provide technical support for various applications, including Landis+Gyr Command Center and Ampy Management System (M-Power), Honeywell EA_MS and MDMS (Meter Data Management System), and iNovah Cashiering system
- Install, configure, and test vendor software on Window and Linux servers
- Troubleshoot production issues for critical applications
- Write and execute test plans
- Plan future enhancements and releases
- Collaborate with internal business groups on enhancements and new technologies
- Communicate upgrades and production issues with internal business groups
- Coordinate with internal IT groups in Networking, Server, Database, and Desktop to support vendor applications and address business needs
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- A bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Solid understanding of basic computer principles
- SQL - intermediate level
- Verbal technical communication
- Server power user for Windows
- Troubleshooting experience with applications, database, servers, and network issues
- Writing technical documentation
- A willingness to learn, share knowledge, teach others
- Positive attitude
Promotion to Level 2 requires a minimum of two years of experience at Level 1; demonstrated capability to perform advanced and more difficult work as determined by the supervisor. Promotion to Senior Level requires a minimum of three-years of experience at Level 2; is fully competent in all aspects of functional area of assignment and as such would be recognized as a specialist in area of assignment and may have periodic or occasional lead responsibilities.
Things That Would be Great if You Brought to the Table:
- SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), Tableau and PowerBI
- AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure) system knowledge
- Networking knowledge
- ALM knowledge (HPQC)
- Oracle and SQL database knowledge
We'll Also Need You To:
- Be on call on a rotating schedule
- Work both remotely and onsite
- Participate in team meetings and team building exercises
Requisition ID: 14687
SRP currently offers a hybrid workplace, which allows employees whose jobs can be performed remotely, and who have sufficient technical capability, to telework up to three days per week. Although part-time teleworking is available, all employees must live and work in Arizona. We are taking steps to protect the health and well-being of all team members, and by following a number of health and safety protocols, to reduce the risk of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
Drug/Alcohol Policy Statement
In order to promote the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, SRP is committed to maintaining a drug/alcohol free work environment. Although marijuana may now be legal in Arizona, except as otherwise specified under Arizona law, SRP considers it to be an illegal drug for the purpose of our drug/alcohol policy because marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. Any candidate found to be impaired during the hiring process or who has the presence of an illegal drug or unauthorized substance in their system during the pre-employment drug/alcohol test may be disqualified from further consideration in the hiring process.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
About this Employer
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.