Analyst Budget Senior
Salt River Project
The primary function of this role is to develop and maintain Capital and O&M budgets for both Desert Basin and Coolidge Generating Stations. This includes Financial Planning budgeting, 10 year budget planning and monthly variance explanations. This role attends weekly management staff meetings and provides reporting on budgets, cash flow and variances. Additionally this role plays an integral part in the development of capital project requests in C55 for plant needs.
- Performs complex analytical work such as studies, analyses, surveys and investigations at a fully professional level, requiring substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques and procedures.
- Performs as a project leader for part of a major project or for a total project of moderate scope.
- Provides basic training and consulting services in area of specialty.
- Prepares recommendation material for management consideration.
- Administers and reviews work performed by consultants and others.
- Prepares and/or conducts written and oral reports and presentations.
- Performs field data gathering work.
- Designs and/or codes computer programs.
- Oversees and provides analysis of project or process schedules to establish status and provide the basis for positive control actions on complex projects.
- Oversees and provides analysis of cost/man-hour performance measurement systems as part of an overall project control or maintenance management system.
- Develops, coordinates, maintains cost/schedule aspects of project status or maintain management reporting system necessary for control of complex project or processes.
- Supports the work scheduling process by analyzing needs and developing special reporting systems.
- Develops, maintains and coordinates information system requirements for assigned area of responsibility.
- Provides computer hardware/software consulting service to other departments as required.
- Performs and presents results of special studies as required to provide management visibility of key cost/schedule issues.
- Supports other departments and outside agencies requiring engineering or planning data and/or assistance related to planning projects.
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution that prepares the employee for the assignment.
Actively engaged in professional analytical practice. Must have demonstrated the successful accomplishment of work of the nature defined for the job of senior cost analyst.
Promotion to Level 2 requires a minimum of two years experience at Level 1; demonstrated capability to perform advanced and more difficult work as determined by the supervisor. Promotion to Senior Level requires a minimum of three years experience at Level 2; is fully competent in all aspects of functional area of assignment and as such would be recognized as a specialist in area of assignment and may have periodic or occasional lead responsibilities.
This position is not eligible for a hybrid work schedule. Successful candidate will be required to report to the plant site each work day.
Requisition ID: 15075
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Salt River Project (SRP) recognizes diversity and inclusion as key drivers of innovation and growth, and seeks to attract a diverse employee base that reflects our community. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other protected status under applicable federal, state or local law. Ultimately, SRP aspires to fully apply the power of diversity and inclusion to build a more equitable and sustainable future for our customers, employees and community.
Drug/Alcohol Policy Statement
In order to promote the safety and well-being of our employees, customers and the communities we serve, SRP is committed to maintaining a drug/alcohol free work environment. Although marijuana may now be legal in Arizona, except as otherwise specified under Arizona law, SRP considers it to be an illegal drug for the purpose of our drug/alcohol policy because marijuana remains illegal at the federal level. Any candidate found to be impaired during the hiring process or who has the presence of an illegal drug or unauthorized substance in their system during the pre-employment drug/alcohol test may be disqualified from further consideration in the hiring process.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
Why Work at SRP
SRP's success is rooted in our employees' happiness, health and safety. That's why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and enhance their well-being. In addition to competitive pay and performance incentives, eligible employees can take advantage of the following benefits:
• 401(k) plan with employer matching
• Retirement pension
• Paid vacation
• Parental leave
• Holiday pay
• Sick leave
• Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
• Wellness programs
• Pre-tax benefits
• Short and long-term disability plans
• Tuition assistance
About this Employer
SRP is one of the largest public power and water utilities in the U.S. providing electricity to approximately one million customers in the greater metropolitan Phoenix area. Since its founding in 1903, SRP has fostered a culture of stewardship and customer service consistently ranking as an industry leader in customer service according to J.D. Power. SRP continues to adapt to its changing business environment by seeking innovative ways to reimagine utility service and the provision of critical resources essential to the life and economy of Arizona.