Administrative Assistant/Office Coordinator
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) National University Programs Group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as an Administrative Assistant/Office Coordinator!
Our team works a hybrid 9x80 schedule located at our EROB facility with every other Friday off!
As an administrative point of contact for director and perform as team lead over other administrative assistants, provide complete administrative support for the following key functions:
- Collaborate with senior INL management, senior representatives at universities and their administrative staff.
- Act as a mentor, trainer, and guide to administrative professional junior staff; provide input on annual reviews. Help manage performance issues and provide direction and input as needed.
- Compose and prepare routine and non-routine correspondence ensuring proper grammar and laboratory format are used. Maintain letter logs and files.
- Receive and handle phone calls, manage scheduling and calendaring for director. Track action items and ensure they are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Use purchase card and authorized procurement systems (i.e., Ariba Guided Buying, Asset Suite and Vendor Payment Systems) to acquire materials and services.
- Prepare sophisticated agendas, security plans, and facilitate visits.
- Interface and connect with regional, national and international collaborators.
- Exercise independent judgment and balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Make travel arrangements (using Concur); manage meeting/conference registrations and prepare and track expense reimbursements.
- Facilitate personnel moves, computer set-ups, phone requests and other maintenance and service requests.
- Assist Director with budget monitoring and personnel actions such as performance reviews, telework agreements and property passes
- Perform records coordinator responsibilities
- Support and facilitate improvement initiatives in the department.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- High School and at least 4 years of meaningful experience.
- Experience supporting and/or working with senior leaders in corporations or higher education.
- Excellent communication (oral, written), interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills to answer questions, solve problems, and explain procedures to a wide variety of people and organizations.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Applications (Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, OneDrive, OneNote and PowerPoint).
- Possess outstanding organization and time management skills. Ability to take initiative and work with minimal direction while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong sensitivity toward maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to protect and prioritize sensitive information and intellectual property.
- Ability to work effectively under the pressure of deadlines.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn and apply other applications such as Ariba Guided Buying, Asset Suite and PCard.
- Salary Grade 150 ($42,840 - $68,532)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
Growing INL: An Overview of New Facilities and Capabilities
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation
We have an extremely competitive salary structure and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.