Administrative Assistant IV Job
Location(s): TX - Austin
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Performs a wide variety of secretarial services for executive. Handles details and assignments of a confidential and complex nature. Handles details and assignments of a routine nature within agreed upon limits using established guidelines and procedures. Relieves executive of administrative duties. Exercises independent judgment and initiative within agreed upon limits.
- Design, create, edit research and analyze various reports, charts and graphs. Communicates results with the Vice President and department direct reports. Interface with corporate departments.
- Handles highly confidential matters. Takes action during executive's absence from office and exercises own initiative and judgment to see that matters requiring attention are referred to the delegated authority or handled effectively.
- Coordinate and develop presentations, create and edit correspondence and other documents. Conducts special projects requiring research and report development. Research may require collection and analysis of data to make recommendations.
- Greets and directs customers and visitors, answers routine questions and directs to appropriate personnel. Maintains confidential files, expense reports, time records Assimilates data and information from various sources for the department. Check data input for accuracy and corrects errors.
- Identifies computer applications to perform required duties in the most effective manner such as statistical reports, tracking systems, presentations, and word documents.
- Arranges schedules of management staff, make appointments, travel arrangements and meetings.
- Develop and provide training in areas of office expertise. Design and administer office procedures. Evaluate and revise procedures as necessary to improve office efficiency.
- Requires Associates Degree, Professional Secretarial Certification or equivalent and five plus years of experience.
- Requires a broad knowledge of department operations and policies.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, graphic and database applications.
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: TX - Austin || TX - Austin || United States (US) || Customer & Utility Innovation || 31130:Enterprise Reg & Legis Strtgy || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $22.60 to $31.60 per hour
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 53209
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.