Administrative Assistant III Job
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
Performs a wide variety of administrative functions and secretarial services. Handles details and assignments of a moderately complex nature within agreed upon limits using established guidelines and procedures.
- Composes, design, edits and prepares various correspondence, documents and reports for the department including spreadsheets, graphs and charts. Identifies computer applications to perform required duties in the most effective manner.
- Processes department timekeeping and employees changes. Greets and directs visitors. Responds to telephone callers by answering routine questions.
- Maintain confidential files, personnel files and reports. Receives, sorts, redirects and prioritizes incoming mail. Directs important matters to appropriate department personnel. Order and maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Provides training to others in area of expertise. Design and administer office procedures. Evaluates and revised procedures as necessary to improve office efficiency.
- Assist with preparation and tracking of departmental budgets. Maintain & prepare payment processing for outside contractors and vendors.
- Coordinate and initiate meetings and travel arrangements for the department. Arrange schedules for management staff.
- Maintains and updates corporate documents (i.e. policies and procedures, organizational charts and announcements for designated department) and departmental files.
- Conducts special projects requiring research and report development. Research may require collection and analysis of data. Checks data input for accuracy and corrects errors.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years administrative support experience
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite including graphic and database applications
- Associates Degree and/or Professional Secretarial Certification
- Extensive experience with Calendar management, Power point, and Excel Spreadsheets
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: MN - Roseville || MN - Roseville; MN - St Paul || United States (US) || Operations || 59680:RVP AGIS and Metering || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $20.30 to $28.43 per hour
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 47044
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.