Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) External Engagement and Communications group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as an Administrative Assistant.
This role supports INL's Commercial Partnerships organization that provides services for both internal and external audiences as well as multiple outreach functions to support the lab
Our team works an on-site 9x80 schedule located at our Idaho Falls facility with every other Friday off!
- As Administrative Assistant to the organization, this position will routinely interact with external and internal customers, as well as staff throughout the organization.
- Requires high quality administrative support for the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) and Commercial Partnerships Business Development Executives in a complex and fast-paced environment, requiring the ability to exercise independent judgment and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously focusing on the big picture, ensuring quality in the details and consistency across all commercial partnership activities.
- Maintaining scheduling for leadership, coordinating meetings (both on site and off site) as needed, answering phones and emails from both internal and external partners, updating and managing calendars, providing procurement support, compiling and distributing multiple reports, submitting internal forms on an as-needed basis and handling travel arrangements and paperwork for conferences and external events.
- Program Support responsibilities include ensuring the timely dissemination of communications including response to emails and phone messages.
- Additional duties include submitting the required follow-up paperwork, such as dosimetry, in an efficient manner.
Level 2: Minimum of a High School diploma and two years of administrative experience.
Related experience includes, but is not limited to:
- Demonstrated organizational skills, such as writing, preparing documents and reports, assembling financial/budget information, planning and scheduling meetings and events, and action tracking.
- Experience in using travel systems.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint) and various computer programs.
- Qualified candidates will have considerable knowledge of the administrative field.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team of diverse professionals and handle challenging task requests with diplomacy and tact.
- Able to work under tight deadlines to meet commitments while maintaining quality of work with integrity and effective interface.
- Good self-starter, able to identify tasks and perform them with minimal supervision. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills to work with customers, answer questions, solve problems, and explain processes to a wide variety of people and organizations.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills and a validated knowledge of standard methodologies in business communications.
- Prefer experience with business/administrative certifications.
- Salary Grade 150: ($42,840 - $68,532)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP: This is a testing designated position; you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of your employment.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.