Idaho National Laboratory
Our team works on-site with a 9x80schedule located at our EROB facility with every other Friday off!
- Provide professional and highest quality administrative support to the National and Homeland Security (N&HS) organization in a complex and high-paced environment.
- Interface with multiple customers, DOE Idaho Operations Office, DOE-HQ, senior management, other national laboratories, and outside entities.
- Perform routine and non-routine administrative support functions with little or no direction based on in-depth knowledge of N&HS administrative needs, understanding and application of typical INL and N&HS procedures and processes, with a focus on results.
- Exercise independent judgment and handle multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously ensuring quality in the details and consistency across all N&HS activities relating to areas of focus.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work effectively and accurately under pressure and tight deadlines to meet commitments while maintaining quality of work with professionalism and effective interface.
- Compose and prepare routine and non-routine correspondence ensuring proper laboratory format is used and provide comments to ensure that a clear professional message is communicated, often requiring proofing for typographical accuracy, grammar, and content for letters, reports, graphs, charts, manuscripts, etc.
- Efficiently manage multiple calendars/schedules with accuracy and efficiency while prioritizing leadership time management needs.
- Schedule complex meetings (internal and external to INL) and meeting logistics.
- Make travel arrangements and complete accurate expense reports.
- Provide hospitality services to external customers or visitors, ensuring that INL's protocol and procedures for visitors and travel are observed.
- Track action items and ensure complete, timely and accurate results.
- Makes timely and informed decisions on problems and issue requiring immediate attention, and appropriately involves others in decisions.
- Ensure confidentiality of administrative files and discussions and adhere to laboratory procurement policies when purchasing supplies and equipment.
- Assist with records coordination for the directorate and perform procurement actions (office supplies, publications, project materials, software/hardware, subcontracts, p-card purchases and reconciliation, etc.).
- Facilitate phone/move requests, and other maintenance and service requests.
- Keep current and proficient on pertinent company procedures, requirements, policies and standard software tools.
- Provide excellent administrative, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Provides clear and transparent communications across the organization to ensure and enable mission critical prioritization and coordination.
- Works with assigned administrative team and ALD's Executive Assistant to ensure professional administrative standards across the organization and represent a professional and responsive image for N&HS.
- Responsibilities may include additional duties and tasks as assigned across the N&HS organization and operational responsibilities as needed from the Chief Operations Officer.
- Ensure a safety and security focused work environment.
- AS0200: HS Diploma and 2 years of relevant experience
- AS0300: HS Diploma and 4 years of relevant experience
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy "Q" clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Proven proficiency in managing multiple schedules and organizing complex meetings internal and external, with Microsoft Office including extensive knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Highly organized, ability to prioritize projects and tasks and meet deadlines in a rapidly changing and complex environment.
- Ability to interact with staff (at all levels) and perform a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high-level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Demonstrate initiative to identify tasks or activities that will further the N&HS mission.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills and involves a high throughput of correspondence requiring proofing for typographical accuracy, grammar, and content for letters, reports, graphs, charts, manuscripts, etc.
- Team player and results oriented with ability to take directions and proactively solve administrative issues in a professional manner with all employees, customers, and management in a cordial and professional manner leaving them with a superior customer service experience.
- Must have outstanding communication (oral, written), interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills to answer questions, solve problems, and explain procedures to a wide variety of people and organizations.
- Ability to protect and prioritize sensitive information and intellectual property.
- Salary Grade 130 ($34,632 - $55,368) / 150 ($42,840 - $68,532)
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
- TDP: This is a testing designated position; you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and periodic drug testing throughout the term of your employment.
- Multi-Level: This is a multi-level posting and the selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent on depth and breadth of proven experience and skills.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy's mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation's nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements:
To be eligible for employment at INL men born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
INL is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide EEO to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide your resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits & Salary:
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and a phenomenal benefits package. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.