Accounts Payable Supervisor
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho National Laboratory's (INL) Policy Assurance and Accounts Payable group is seeking forward-thinking professionals interested in exploring a career as an Accounts Payable Supervisor.
Our team works an on-site 9x80 schedule located at our EROB facility with every other Friday off!
- Provide work direction, supervision, employee coaching/mentoring, and work distribution and leadership to invoice review group, accounts payable and liability accounting staff. This direction includes implementing company invoice review and accounts payable-related practices and processes, resolving work distribution, technical assistance and training.
- Collaborate with management, Procurement, and work group employees with respect to area of responsibility. Ensure internal controls are in place and functioning in areas of responsibility.
- Provide guidance regarding accounting and analysis with company liabilities related to materials/services contracts.
- Propose improvements to systems and support recommendation and testing associated with upgrades and modifications to Asset Suite.
- Provide support to internal audit, and external auditors for effective implementation of applicable DOE orders, policies, and special requests.
- Participate in General Accounting self-assessment program which may involve identifying annual self-assessment candidates, execution of self-assessments, and remediation design as requested by management.
- Provide direction and oversight for the integrity and execution of accounts payable/liability activities, as well as invoice review and approval activities for all employees. Resolve processing issues to ensure payments and reporting requirements are met.
- Mentor and provide daily direction and development to staff. Help staff set and prioritize goals. Assist Policy, Assurance, and Accounts Payable manager with performance reviews.
- Assist with the development and implementation of applicable internal controls that mitigate risk. Ensure adequate controls are in place and working effectively.
- Provide oversight to month end and year end invoice review, accounts payable and related accounting activities, including proper liability recording in business systems.
- Assist with direction and oversight to develop policies, practices, and procedures that are in compliance with all applicable GAAP, and the DOE Financial Management Handbook.
- Identify and recommend action on accounting problem requirements requiring analysis and interpretation according to DOE orders and GAAP.
- Provide support to business system processes and improvements. Support recommendations and testing of upgrades and modifications to systems.
- BS and a minimum of 8 years of experience or MS and 6 years of experience.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and leadership skills.
- High level of expertise and experience in invoice review, accounts payable, and business system requirements as defined in GAAP.
- Proficiency in processing and operating invoice review and accounts payable related activities.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR).
- Salary Grade: 210
- Chosen applicants are required to show a demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
Growing INL: An Overview of New Facilities and Capabilities
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world's energy future and secure our nation's critical infrastructure.
Selective Service Requirements
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID Safety Protocols
As a condition of employment, Idaho National Laboratory will inquire about COVID vaccination status and expects candidates to comply with all required COVID safety protocols, including mask-wearing as applicable.
Idaho National Laboratory has implemented a required vaccination policy effective immediately requiring that all new hires must be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless exempt under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, or other applicable state or federal law. In accordance with Idaho National Laboratory's duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
INL does not accept resumes from third party vendors unsolicited.
Benefits, Salary, and Relocation
We have an extremely competitive salary structure and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please visit: https://www.inl.gov/careers/benefits-overview/
About this Employer
Part of the U.S. Dept. of Energy’s complex of national laboratories, INL performs work in each of the strategic goal areas: energy, national security, science & environment. INL is the nation’s leading center for nuclear energy research & development.