Accounting Analyst II or Senior Accounting Analyst Job
Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills and talents to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A position at Xcel Energy could be just what you're looking for.
This position is posted as a hierarchy at the Accounting Analyst II or Senior Accounting Analyst level. The successful candidate will be hired at the level that is commensurate with their skills and experience.
Perform general accounting processes to ensure accurate and timely accounting close cycles and the development of subsequent internal and external reports, analysis and reconciliation of accounting ledgers/accounts and required regulatory reporting forms and tax filings. Support capital asset accounting reporting and analytics. Responsible for depreciation and deferred income tax accounting and compliance activities.
- Participate in and support accurate month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close cycles and development of subsequent internal and external financial statements, required regulatory reporting forms and tax filings.
- Collect and analyze financial data in order to perform some or all of the following accounting processes: reconcile assigned accounts, analyze financial data and prepare accounting ledger entries, prepare internal and external reports, settle inter-company receivables and payables, prepare property valuation. Identify and resolve moderate to complex issues. Analyze financial data to identify adverse trends and recommend solutions to mitigate financial impact.
- Participate in and support special projects as assigned. May include, but not limited to testing system upgrades or enhancements, rate case support, conducting financial analysis and developing special reports and process improvement initiatives.
- Provide timely and accurate assistance to clients within supported business area. Assistance includes, but is not limited to interpretation of account codes or financial reports, providing project status reports, and guidance about accounting policies. Prepare presentations, statistical reports, schedules and other information on operating results for management and outside parties. May train other analysts.
- Stay current with new or proposed local, state, federal rules and regulations and internal and external financial reporting requirements. Applies knowledge of accounting and GAAP principles, practices, rules, processes, operations and company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
Accounting Analyst II Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum two years general financial accounting and reporting experience with an emphasis on accounting issues and processes.
- CPA or CMA certification preferred.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply GAAP principles, knowledge of business and legal principles, and analytical and communication skills.
Senior Accounting Analyst Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related business degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Minimum or two to four, or more years general financial accounting and reporting experience, with an emphasis on complex accounting issues, processes and multiple company accounting.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply GAAP.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business and legal principles, analytical and communication skills.
- Knowledge of and experience working with SAP highly desirable.
- Master's Degree or equivalent certification. For example, CPA, CMA, CFA etc.
- Advisory firm, investment banking, public accounting and/or other relevant experience
- Capital asset and tax experience a plus
Analyst II Level: $58,000 to $82,666 per year; Senior Level: $66,000 to $93,999 per year
Xcel Energy is committed to the safety of its employees and customers, and promotes a Safety Always culture. Because of this, we strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; however, vaccination is not mandatory. After being hired, you will asked to report your vaccination status and dates of vaccination. This information will be maintained confidentially and disclosed only on a need-to-know basis. If you are not fully vaccinated or choose not to disclose your vaccination status you will be required to follow any health-and-safety rules applicable to unvaccinated employees.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || CFO Organization || 70155:Controller || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $60,000 to $85,333 per year
This position may also be eligible for the following benefits and/or pay components: Pay - Annual Incentive Program, Medical/Pharmacy Plan, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, Health Care Reimbursement Account, Health Savings Account (HSA) (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Limited-Purpose FSA (if enrolled in eligible health plan and HSA), Transportation Reimbursement Account, Short-term disability (STD), Long-term disability (LTD), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Fitness Center Reimbursement (if enrolled in eligible health plan), Tuition reimbursement, Transit programs, Employee recognition program, Pension, 401(k) plan, Paid time off (PTO), Holidays, Personal holidays, Volunteer Paid Time Off (VPTO) (full-time employees only), Parental Leave
Click here to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 53083
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this Employer
As a leading electric and natural gas energy company, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers across our eight states: Colorado, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas and Wisconsin.
Our workforce of more than 12,000 is rising to the challenge of a dynamic, constantly-changing utility industry. One that requires us to be even more customer focused, forward thinking and productive while remaining committed to meeting our customers’ fundamental need for safe, reliable, affordable energy.
With nearly 50% of our workforce eligible to retire in the next five years, there’s never been a better time to come on board. Do you have a passion for renewable energy, like wind or solar? Or care about giving back to the community? You’ll be in a position to directly impact our energy future.
At Xcel Energy, you’ll be challenged, respected and rewarded. You’ll find an ethical team committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship. A dynamic company where you’ll have meaningful work that makes a difference.