This position is posted until filled.
Department: Division Accounting
No job description available
Salary Grade: G09
Minimum Midpoint Maximum
$50,991 - $67,562 - $84,134
Given the financial nature of this position, this position has been defined as a position requiring a credit check. Prior to being hired, promoted, or transferred into the position, the candidate must successfully pass a credit background check
Under direct supervision, applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports, by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Distributes expenditures, encumbrances, receipts, and receivables according to schedules.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other reports.
- Summarizes and interprets current and projected company financial position for other managers.
- Audits contracts, orders, vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Devises and implements system for general accounting.
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply practical accounting concepts.
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Ability to skillfully gather and analyze information.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university with zero to one year of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the discipline.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Working knowledge of accounting software.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit up to 2/3 of the time
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Office environment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PNM Resources and affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. Women, minorities, disabled individuals and veterans are encouraged to apply.
About this Employer
PNM Resources is an energy holding company based in Albuquerque, N.M., with 2020 consolidated operating revenues of $1.5 billion. Through its regulated utilities, PNM and TNMP, PNM Resources provides electricity to approximately 800,000 homes and businesses in New Mexico and Texas. PNM serves its customers with a diverse mix of generation and purchased power resources totaling 3.0 gigawatts of capacity, with a goal to achieve 100% emissions-free energy by 2040. PNM Resources is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange as PNM.
PNM Resources strives to create enduring value for customers, communities and shareholders built on a foundation of Environmental, Social and Governance Principles. At the core of our business we are focused on our Vision, our Purpose and our Values.