ITC Holdings Corp.
Provides assurance that the accounting and financial reporting for all Corporate Accounting responsibilities is accurate, timely and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Securities and Exchange Commission and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) regulations and guidelines. Assures that appropriate financial controls are adhered to and proposes modifications as necessary for Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the monthly corporate billings process with third parties for joint usage of facilities, maintenance, and construction of third-party facilities. Follow-up on collection of amounts billed. Supports the operation of the corporate billing system and assures that the data is current and accurate. Record, analyze and report all billings and collections transactions.
- Responsible for the processing all inventory related accounting transactions which may include adjustments and write-offs. Monitor and update inventory overhead load and materials receipt factors to apply inventory related costs.
- Responsible for the proper recording and allocation of corporate aircraft expenses to ITC affiliates. Additionally responsible for updating rates used to record and allocate the aircraft expenses as well as any necessary reporting.
- Designs, documents, implements, modifies, and monitors internal financial controls in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements as they relate to the direct assignment and allocation of costs among affiliates.
- Performs ad hoc assignments related to reporting, financial statement review, cost allocation departmental planning and other cost tracking reporting analysis .
- Utilizes financial systems to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position to be able to assist the Accounting department in providing data and recommendations to support financial analysis.
- Supports efforts for completion of the monthly general ledger closing process.
- Supports compliance with corporate accounting policies and procedures.
- Assists as needed with any upgrades to financial systems and any data conversions or validations; utilizes software applications and develops procedures for efficient and effective transaction processing.
- Reconciles accounts to assure proper accounting of transactions; resolve any related accounting issues.
- Other special projects and duties as assigned required for the benefit of the department or company.
- Bachelor's degree in either Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in accounting.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to convey complex information clearly, concisely, and effectively to individuals at all levels in the organization and with external auditors.
- Possess sound analytical problem-solving skills to resolve complex accounting and related issues.
- Basic knowledge of financial systems with the ability to extract information as necessary to complete daily assignments.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of accounting and financial reporting best practices and internal controls.
- Understanding of the importance of solid documentation and ability to apply these concepts.
- Ability to research and analyze various types of data.
- Ability to work extended hours during peak periods to meet compliance driven deadlines.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer. ITC does not sponsor employment visas, such as H-1B or TN visas.
About this Employer
ITC, a Fortis company, is the energy industry’s leading electricity transmission company. We deliver bulk electrical energy from power generating plants along high-voltage lines to the local distribution system of utilities serving communities. We invest in power lines that will meet the needs of the 21st century.
As the only fully independent transmission company in the U.S., our business is not distracted by electricity generation or distribution. Transmission is our sole focus. As a result, we can concentrate fully on planning, building, operating and investing in high-value, highly-reliable electricity transmission to our customers and communities.
ITC owns and operates high-voltage transmission facilities in Michigan, Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas and Oklahoma. ITC’s grid development focus includes growth through regulated infrastructure investment as well as domestic and international expansion through merchant and other commercial development opportunities.