Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Under general supervision:
1. Perform or audit journal entries, account analyses, and reconciliations, and assist in performing month end close tasks and/or in the preparation of tax returns.
2. Prepare analysis of financial results for management review and/or for audit workpapers.
3. Prepare and/or assist with preparation of budgets, projections, product cost analyses, and other analyses, including recommendations to management, and/or assist in documentation of internal controls.
4. Assist with research and planning according to generally accepted accounting principles and/or current tax laws.
5. Assist with and/or lead special projects.
6. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
7. Understand. Create. Simplify.
8. Other duties as assigned.
B.S./B.A. degree in Accounting or Finance
Experience with Excel
2 or more years of professional experience, or previous SEL intern experience
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
C.P.A., C.M.A., or Master's Degree
Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Tax systems
Tax, audit, project, and/or cost accounting experience
Pullman, WA - SEL's corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.
SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.
About this Employer
Join an industry leader in power system protection, technology, service, and value. We develop and manufacture products and solutions for the protection, control, monitoring, and automation of electric power systems worldwide.
At SEL you will find challenging work, state-of-the-art tools and technology, and excellent benefits. In addition, you will work beside some of the brightest minds and inventors in the industry.