- Like (1)
- Add to Calendar07/20/2022 12:00 PM07/19/2022 1:00 PMAmerica/New_YorkThe Race to 5G Deployment Find Balance for Streamlining Processes and Lowering Risk to Pole Plants
- May 3, 2022
Find Balance for Streamlining Processes and Lowering Risk to Pole Plants
Jul 20, 2022
12:00 PM EST
This presentation will provide an overview of small cell antenna technology and field equipment, the operational challenges and structural requirements to install small cell equipment on utility poles, and the impact of regulatory policies and government funding that is intended to accelerate the deployment of broadband to communities across the nation. This presentation will include a utility case study from a utility that understands the opportunities that exist for utilities with 5G deployments and has created best practices for administering and managing the joint use of wireless, wireline, and electric facilities on utility poles.
This webinar will cover:
- Basic elements of 5G and small cell technology and their impact on today's communication trends
- An overview of federal funding for broadband deployments
- Utility business case for implementing new technologies and collaboration processes to improve both internal and external utility communications networks
- A case study on a utility that is successfully managing increased wireless industry requests to attach antennas and fiber to their poles.
- New technology initiative deployment goals and plan
- Pros and cons for various technology options as they apply to services delivery by a utility or independent regional carrier
- Wood pole loading for small cell application
- New technology for pole loading