Innovating in a Highly Regulated Environment [an Energy Central and Utility 2030 Collaborative PowerSession™] - Part 1Posted to Energy Central
image credit: Approved to use
- Sign in to Vote Like (1)
- Add to Calendar01/14/2021 2:00 PM01/14/2021 3:00 PMAmerica/New_YorkInnovating in a Highly Regulated Environment [an Energy Central and Utility 2030 Collaborative PowerSession™] - Part 1 In this PowerSession, leaders from Tesla, Algonquin Power & Utilities, and Duquesne Light share their stories of how they innovated in a highly regulated environment. Join in and see what you can glean from their journey and apply to your utility today
- Dec 20, 2020
- 2032 views
Date: Jan 14, 2021
Time: 2:00 PM EST
It is well documented that innovators have long feared regulation. At a time when the pace of change in the utility industry has never been greater, how can utilities successfully work within the rules to combine an established culture of regulated safety and reliability with innovation?
In this PowerSession, innovators from utilities and other highly regulated industries—insurance, government, medical, and finance—will share what your utility can learn from their journey.
- Learn how successful innovation has been achieved in other highly regulated industries by listening to customers;
- Gain insights into how to quantify and successfully communicate the value of innovation to various stakeholders; and
- Hear how utilities are seeking to be proactive, not reactive, with their innovation and the importance of an effective communications plan.
Who Should Attend:
- Utility executives and leaders responsible for customer-facing programs
- Innovation/transformation professionals
- Regulation professionals
James Riley, Partner, Appos Advisors - With over 20 years of consulting experience, James helps companies better understand the markets they serve and deliver growth through the development, marketing and selling of new products and services. James experience spans across multiple industries including:
utilities, high tech, consumer packaged goods, discrete and process manufacturing, telecommunications, local government, hospitality, and banking & insurance.
Alexander Tsetsenekos, Chief Insurance Officer, CyberFortress and Former Tesla Insurance Executive - Former Tesla executive, who was Elon Musk’s first hire when the car manufacturer set out to build its’ own auto insurance company, a feat that big-name rivals said was impossible. Alex will discuss the balancing act between the aggressive and innovative vision of Elon Musk with the regulatory requirements and legalities of the insurance industry.
Jody Allison, Vice President of Transformation, Algonquin Power & Utilities - Jody Allison, Vice President of Transformation for Algonquin Power & Utilities, will join the discussion to share how her utility is progressing towards its future goals while simultaneously delivering core table stakes. How this is playing out under the leadership of recently appointed CEO. ArunBanskota, who came to the utility from Amazon.
Josh Gould, Director of Innovation, Duquesne Light - Josh Gould, Director of Innovation for Duquesne Light, will join the discussion to share the challenges and solutions at his utility.
Robert Conrad, Brand Reputation Communications and C-Suite Publicity Consultant, RKC Consulting, and Adjunct Professor, Georgetown University - Robert, a brand reputation, communications, and C-Suite publicity consultant, who also serves as an adjunct media professor for the GeorgetownUniversity School of Continuing Studies, will share external communications best practices—to regulators, customers, and other stakeholders—as businesses advance their transformation goals.