FREE WEBINAR: Eversource’s Story – Transforming Direct Transfer Trip (DTT) with LTE
image credit: Photo 188504598 © Adrian825 | Dreamstime.com
- Sign in to Vote Like (1)
- Add to Calendar03/09/2021 2:00 PM03/09/2021 3:00 PMAmerica/New_YorkFREE WEBINAR: Eversource’s Story – Transforming Direct Transfer Trip (DTT) with LTE Register for this webinar and discover how New England’s largest energy provider, Eversource, implemented an innovative DTT design using SEL’s 3505 RTAC and Sierra Wireless’ cellular gateways to communicate and control reliably over LTE. Join us!
- Feb 8, 2021
- 1755 views
Mar 9, 2021
2:00 PM EST
Free to join
The wide-spread introduction of renewables (solar and wind generation) has been a tremendous benefit in helping to reduce greenhouse gases and diversify the energy supply. However, integrating these new distributed energy resources (DERs) into the grid is not without challenges.
One of the most critical factors is proper coordination between utility substations and DERs to effectively clear a fault, preventing damage to equipment and ensuring the safety of line crews working on the affected area.
Traditionally, this coordination has been through the use of leased telephone lines that interconnect protection equipment at both the substation and the DER site. Unfortunately, over the last several decades, telecom providers have moved away from copper lease lines to more advanced services.
Replacement options like fiber optic cables or microwave communication links are available but can be very costly. Another option is cellular LTE technology, but with the critical nature of DTT, many utilities do not feel comfortable using it for the application.
Register for this webinar and discover how New England’s largest energy provider, Eversource, implemented an innovative DDT design using SEL’s 3505 RTAC and Sierra Wireless’ cellular gateways to communicate and control reliably over LTE.
In this webinar, we will explore:
- The challenges of integrating DERs into the Distribution grid
- A cost-effective and reliable way to use LTE cellular for DTT
- The roadmap for deploying and operating a private network
- What to look for in solution partners
Director Business Development – Utility/Industrial