ACG Essential Webinar Series: Building Envelope Commissioning
- Add to Calendar08/11/2022 9:00 AM08/11/2022 10:00 AMAmerica/New_YorkACG Essential Webinar Series: Building Envelope Commissioning Melissa Payne, BECxP, CxA+BE, CDT, TREMCO
- Jul 25, 2022
Melissa Payne, BECxP, CxA+BE, CDT, TREMCO
Aug 11, 2022
9:00 AM EST
- Review the purpose and benefits of Building Enclosure Commissioning (BECx) and define the roles of the Owner, Architect, Commissioning Consultant, and Contractor.
- Discuss the formal BECx processes as developed by the National Institute of Building Science, ASTM, ASHRAE, and ISO, and how these standards and guidelines are quickly being recognized and adopted by institutions and organizations.
- Review why codes are recommended and require the implementation of exterior wall envelope detailing as part of design drawings and construction documents.
- Discuss how to implement the BECx process throughout the life-cycle of the building including design review, constructability review, testing matrix, mockup construction and testing, preconstruction meeting, inspections, and a post-construction maintenance matrix.